Motorist With ISIS Flag Makes Bomb Threat Against Police [Chicago]

From WBBM:

A man who had an ISIS flag waving from his vehicle is facing several charges after he threatened police with a bomb Wednesday morning when he was pulled over on the Southwest Side.

Emad Karakrah, 49, was charged with felony counts of disorderly conduct and aggravated fleeing; and a misdemeanor count of driving on a never-issued license, according to Chicago police. He was also issued three traffic citations.

*(snip)
A bomb squad, the FBI and Homeland Security responded to the scene and searched the vehicle, but no bomb was found, authorities said.

Thankfully he did not actually have a device, but it is disturbing that a grown man (49 y/o) would do something like this in the first place.

From the highest law of the US:
The United States Constitution states, in Article III, Section 3:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in** adhering to their Enemies,** giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court. The Congress shall have Power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.”

• Charge him with Treason: Displaying a flag of one that would wage war against the US and threatening the safety and welfare of her agents and citizens in support of that whom would harm us.
  • imprison him for life without the possibility of parole.

:thumbsup: :tiphat:

I am worried when ISIS will start here.
I am glad I don’t live in minneapolis or chicago.
These people are so dangerous.

And we have immigration laws. As if we see those enforced.

Florida and California have sent men over there as well. I can’t believe a suicide bomber came from the US: cnn.com/2014/05/30/world/meast/syria-american-jihadi/index.html I’m not sure if he killed anyone but himself. ISIS is dangerous. Glad I don’t live in those two states.

They seem to say 300 Americans are in ISIS, I hope they track every one of them down today so we know where all of them are from and if there is any additional danger from their communities. So far we know about 3 it seems.

Unfortunate and scary reality. I hope something gets done soon about ISIS and its supporters. I have been reading online often about ISIS and what is going on and how countries around the world are responding (or not) and the whole ISIS dilemma seems to be escalating everyday. :frowning:

That guy was arrested 1 mile from a church I sometimes attend Latin Mass at.

My gut feeling is that if a genuine threat from ISIS does appear in America, police agencies will simply use it as an excuse to violate the rights of American citizens who disagree with the government.

England’s PM has raised their terror alert to their second highest level while our president is on a fundraising tour.

Is this a dig at Obama? :whistle:

What do you think? :rolleyes:

He announced at his press conference yesterday he has no strategy against ISIS.

I hope we don’t begin to see these black ISIS flags flying in our hometowns!

:eek: Once again traitors, charge them with treason, strip them of their citizenship and leave them to rot in what ever little hell on earth will take them.

As for the term “suicide bomber”
I am part of a small movement to change that term to “homicide bomber.”
The act of suicide is only a result of completion of the evil act with the intent of Murder… also it just seems that “homicide bomber” conveys the darkness of the act better.

(about the immigration laws… that’s a tar-baby that I will not touch at any time within any forum for any reason what so ever!)

I didn’t care for that expression, “homicide bomber,” when they first tried using it several years ago.

No offense, but it’s pretty stupid sounding and the thought behind it is pretty dumb as well (I am not slamming you, but the people who first tried using it).

“Homicide bombing” would apply to any bomb that killed people. That covers the vast majority of terrorist bombings…at least successful ones.

The individuals who follow these radical groups are not using freedom of speech but are scaring people. That should be condemned and imprisoned.

Let me see if I can make a case (or at least make it sound not so dumb :smiley: )

I know you know this as to do others; however, I have to have some sort of starting point and in this case it is the word “suicide.” Because we’re using the word, we need to understand the context of usage. For this discussion, and the one I am using to promote the change from “suicide” to any other word:
I don’t post the definition because I don’t think we know word… I post it so that we will understand how I understand the word.
su·i·cide
noun
noun: suicide; plural noun: suicides
the action of killing **oneself **intentionally.
synonyms: self-destruction, taking one’s own life, killing oneself, self-murder
"was it suicide or murder?

verb
verb: suicide; 3rd person present: suicides; past tense: suicided; past participle: suicided; gerund or present participle: suiciding
intentionally kill oneself.
“he leaves the service and then suicides”

OK, so, it can be argued that the person using the explosive device has the intent to kill oneself hence the usage of the term “suicide bomber.”

I think we all agree at this point.

Now under Noun, synonyms, common usage, “was it a suicide or murder?” It is common to use the word in the context of intent to take one’s own life without the intent of harming others. I’ll even go out on the limb here and say that a majority of the time this is the intent of the usage of this word - self destruction.

Obviously, there are those that commit suicide, and the act harms others. In these rare cases, it can often be established that the individual that committed suicide had no intent to harm other people in their act of self-destruction. The main intent of the person committing suicide was their self-destruction and the harm to others was a secondary effect.

So let us go back to this:
“it can be argued that the person using the explosive device has the intent to kill oneself hence the usage of the term “suicide bomber.””

My stance is that while certainly, these people know that they will die when they detonate the device they are using it isn’t their own death that this the motivating intention, it is the **death of others and to create fear and unrest that is the intent; **hence the word suicide isn’t the most appropriate word for the act in my humble opinion.

So what would be a better word? The intent of these individuals is to kill those they believe are against their faith either by belief or act, to kill those that support the former, and to serve as a warning to those that would support the former two groups that they too place their lives at risk. To simply sum this up, murder and terrorism.

So better word than suicide? Many of use thought, “Homicide” in that the underlying intend, from our point of view, is to commit murder. Maybe the word “homicidal” would be better.

Just to me, what these people do, shouldn’t be in anyway connected to someone that commits suicide. These people (take a very famous person in the news just recently) do not deserve to be associated with murders in any way shape or form. Especially as it is often the case that a person that commits an act of suicide has some form of mental illness (either physiological, psychological, or medically induced), where as these “homicidal” individuals are intent on causing nothing but harm to others and their death is the secondary effect.

Flying a flag, even that of ISIS, and making bomb threats is not treasonous.

ISIS declared themselves an enemy of the USA, they have declared war upon the USA and her allies.

Promoting an organization that has publicly declared war upon our country is certainly not a smart thing either, and in my not so humble opinion, is “adhering to the enemy.” To further threaten the agents of this country with murder in support of an organization that has declared war upon this country furthers that act of “adhering” to the enemy.

It is one thing to fly the Canadian, Mexican, British, even Soviet/Russian flags in that we are not being attacked by these countries - they have not declared war upon the USA. The USA may, or may not, be well liked by these countries and others; however, these countries (and others) have not declared war upon the USA and have not sought out our citizens by malice of design with intent to murder her civilians in-front of the whole world.

ISIS has, by the act of murdering one of our citizens has attacked our country - Attack one attack all - the Taliban discovered this fact, and in due process ISIS will also discover this fact.

The Taliban attacked us murdering our people in front of the whole world, and ISIS comes from the same underlying organizations that supported the Taliban, and has sought out our citizens by malice of design and with intent to murder them in-front of the whole world. And anyone that supports ISIS organization either in word or deed is a traitor to this country.

ad·here
adˈhi(ə)r/
verb
gerund or present participle: adhering

stick fast to (a surface or substance).
[INDENT] “paint won’t adhere well to a greasy surface”
synonyms: stick (fast), cohere, cling, bond, attach; More
be stuck, be fixed, be glued, be cemented
“a dollop of cream adhered to her nose”

believe in and follow the practices of.
“the people adhere to the Muslim religion”
represent truthfully and in detail.
“the account adhered firmly to fact”

synonyms: abide by, stick to, hold to, comply with, act in accordance with, conform to, submit to, hew to; follow, obey, heed, observe, respect,** uphold**, fulfill
“they adhere to Judaic law”
antonyms: flout, ignore[/INDENT]

Kind of surprised you would hold this opinion… you live just “down the street” from 32ndSt-USN, USMC-Miramar and other bases
Miss the beaches there.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.