Mountain lion kills transgender biker in Seattle

Why would you feel the need to add the descriptor “transgender”? A human being was killed in a freak accident.

Yes, I wondered that, also. Why even add it to CA as it was a reg. news story a week ago.

This was my first thought when reading the thread title too!

Eternal rest grant unto Your precious child, Oh Lord…

It’s in the article. The biker was the head of an organization that promoted biking among transgenders. I suppose it was important to him/her and to the writer of the article.

it doesn’t really have anything to do with getting killed by a cougar, but I expect it mattered to the writer to say it.

I wouldn’t be too sure about that. I think it’s safe to say this person was taking a lot of hormones. Maybe that set this mountain lion into a frenzy. It sure would be a shame if this mountain lion ended up dead because of someone trying to fool mother nature.

See this article about hormone “therapy”:
https://transcare.ucsf.edu/article/information-testosterone-hormone-therapy

The first changes you will probably notice are that your skin will become a bit thicker and more oily. Your pores will become larger and there will be more oil production. You may develop acne, which in some cases can be bothersome or severe, but can be managed with good skin care practices and common acne treatments. You’ll also notice that the odors of your sweat and urine will change and that you may sweat more overall.

You don’t think the mountain lion picked up on that scent?

???
Really?

:roll_eyes:

It’s obvious she is referring to the accident. It’s a common figure of speech, freak accident.

There are countless women on hormonal contraceptives, or hormonal replacement therapy.

Many men also take testosterone.

Yet cougar attacks aren’t very common.

Transgender or not, it’s a bad way to go. How would you like to be out for a stroll and see this coming at you?

I would have no idea at all.

I am biking across the KATY trail in less than a month…no I hope I never see this coming towards me. We do have a few here in Missouri pretty rare though.

I am not taking any hormones that might attract them.

I think a starving cougar will attack the first thing it sees. Attacks by cougars and bears often involve an emaciated animal. Trying to suggest someone on hormones because they are going through a gender transition is, well, pretty absurd. What the person was was unlucky to encounter a large starving predator.

i am surprised this cougar or mountain lion, if emaciated, was able to drag a dead body because this person appeared very overweight.
if the animal was starving, that would be motivation for the attack.

What if it were and MS-13 gang member instead of a mountain lion?

What if it was Sasquatch instead?

you mean a starving MS13 gang member or one who just wants to kill?

It’s a funny world. We can have all sorts of organizations set up just for people with certain attributes. But we can’t refer to those same attributes.

Regarding this the title makes perfect sense. Headlines used to read ‘Man killed by…’ or ‘Woman killed by…’ What’s an editor to do in this case?

Well if Trump called Sasquatch an ‘animal’ he would be lambasted for it. Considering the victim was transgendered?!?!?!? Holy cow we would have an impeachment trial first thing in the morning!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.