Mountain Meadow Massacre?

That’s an ugly chapter in lds history.

I read the first book written about it back in the late 1960(s). My father and I visited the site before the present monument around 1970. It was a sad day in American and Religious history. It shows how all religions are ruined by being full of sinners…

[quote=LSK]I read the first book written about it back in the late 1960(s). My father and I visited the site before the present monument around 1970. It was a sad day in American and Religious history. It shows how all religions are ruined by being full of sinners…
[/quote]

There is evidence that Brigham Young knew that it was going to happen, or at the very least knew that it was likely to happen and did nothing to prevent it. I think it shows what always happens when a religion becomes the defacto government. That’s when the papacy became corrupt and I believe Brigham Young was corrupt as well.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.