Movie about Nun

I am searching for the name of a movie. It is about a nun. It is not the Nun’s Story. I don’t remeber the actress. It starts out with a woman having a drink and/or a smoke in a tavern. When she is done she heads over to a convent with a suitcase. She meets a bunch of kids on the way there and one young girl asks her if she is joining the convent. She says she is. She does enter the convent and takes her vows. Later the young girl also joins and the two become friends and spend time together in the tower of the convent. The friendship soon becomes a source of trouble in their vocations. Eventually the young one leaves and the older one also questions her vocation but ends up staying. A good movie but I seem to think it was issued around the same time as the Nun’s Story and had a similar title but so it was lost in the popularity of the Nun’s Story with Hepburn.

It's In this House of Brede

Yes, and it’s based on a book of the same name by Rumer Godden I believe. A good read in case you can’t find the movie.

Actually, I think the book is much better than the movie. It is one of my favorites!

I KNEW IT!! before finishing the OP!!! Read the book after seeing the movie; the former was better, but nice to attach Diana Riggs to the reading…1975 made for TV movie…

Thank you very much. I actually enjoyed the movie . I saw it 2 or 3 times on television but just couldn't find it on IMDB. Now to see if I can find it for sale somewhere. Amazon only had used copies and the lowest price was $43. Thanks Again.

DakScholr :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.