MOVIE: Disney's Enchanted

Did anyone see the movie Enchanted? What did you think? I took my dd to see it and she enjoyed it (and so did I). It definitely had some adult humor, but I thought that it was another great movie about how getting back to the basic, simple aspects of what life is about is what truly is rewarding.

I’m gonna go see it tomorrow or sometime this weekend.

Very cute. Very wholesome. The very mild, adult moments went by quickly and there were just a couple. I really liked the scene when she mets the divorcing couple. I applauded! Definately worth seeing. And tomorrow we hope to see Bella!

I haven’t seen it, but my daughter saw it the other day, and said it was very cute.

It was our family Thanksgiving movie this year. Every year the four of us make a point to take in a movie at the cinema together. Hubby, 19 year old son, 17 year old daughter and myself went and had a blast. Hubby generally disdains the Disney Princess stories, son is just warming up to musicals (except he loved Chicago), daughter and I are saps for musicals. Son was on board because RottenTomatoes.com gave it a 91 rating. Daughter and I have been looking forward to it since the previews aired at “Hairspray”.

The guys loved the story and the cheesiness. We all enjoyed the music and dance numbers. Susan Sarandon was a great evil stepmother.

No sex, no swearing, pro-marriage forever message, a first kiss being treasured are some of the messages being put forth. It was refreshing.

I saw it today, it was excellent.

Best Disney live action movie since the first Pirates. Best Disney musical since… what was the last Disney movie that was a real musical? Mulan?

Anyway, I loved the songs and the cast was GREAT. Especially Adams.
The animated sequences were freakin sweet too. It’s nice to see good 'ol fashioned Disney style hand drawn animation on the big screen again.

I don’t know how old you are but I had to snicker at that 'ol fashioned remark.

At the opening number it’s clear this is the Little Mermaid era of animation. Giselle looked and talked like a blonde Ariel.

Then we got into the songs and boy did it have a Little Mermaid feel to it. That big number was almost straight out of “Under the Sea” - down to the rowboat scenes where Giselle is in the boat with a parasol!

Sure enough, at the closing credits, the score and songs were Alan Menken who did The Little Mermain, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast and Hercules. While Howard Ashman was the lyricist for those projects, I thought Stephen Schwartz did a great job with Enchanted.

That’s ok though, because Little Mermaid was the re-birth of Disney Animation. There was a long dry-spell leading up to that so when it hit the screens it was refreshing (1970 - 1989). New to my kids’ generation, certainly, and thus probably does qualify as ‘old-fashioned’ from that perspective.

I come from the Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, Sword in the Stone, Jungle Book and Aristocats generation, though, who got to enjoy the re-releases of Snow White, Pinocchio, Fantasia, Bambi,etc. Now, that, is ‘old fashioned Disney hand drawn animation’. :wink:

we saw it on Thanksgiving. I went with family. The boys (my brother and nephews (ages 12 to 15) chose to go to Beowulf. It is funny we thought about going because of the youngest kids (six and nine) and they stayed home.
My adult nieces enjoyed it. The nineteen year old was disappointed in the ending. She said it lost the irony it started with.
It was a good way to relax after eating a big dinner and a dog walk. Then the kids were watching Shrek 3 on video. It was funny to see a lot of the same humor and jokes that were in ENCHANTED

I saw it with my 11 year old daughter today,
we both enjoyed it. One of my favorite scenes is Giselle cleaning the apartment with the help of rats, cockroaches and flies.
Also it was nice that she went after the villain to rescue her true love, instead of sitting around waiting for someone else. I just realized that climbing-the-building scene was a takeoff on King Kong!

It was a nice change to hear the hero explaining to her that she should get to know her beau before marrying him, though it would have been even better if he’d talked about courtship instead of dating. But that would be asking too much of Disney studios.

Looks OK, not sure whether or not to see it.:hmmm:

Saw it with the whole extended family last week. It was an excellent movie, fun for all age levels–the kids (7 yrs and under) loved the princess story and the slapstick goofiness, and the adults enjoyed all of that plus Disney gently poking fun of some of its movie conventions. I recommend it highly.

Made fun of all the Disney fairy tale movies:

Snow White and the cleaning of the house, this time using rats, mice and other creatures. :wink:

Cinderella, the forgotten slipper.

Sleeping Beauty, the queen/witch turning into a dragon.

Has anyone seen this? Would it be appropriate for a 3 year old?

I want to spend some special mommy/daughter time with Kaylin, who is turning three this week. She has never been to the movies, and I think she is old/mature enough to sit through a movie in the theater.

There aren’t any cute animated ones out there right now, so any opinions on Enchanted?

My cousin and I brought our 9 and 8 year old daughters to see Enchanted this weekend. We loved it! It was a very sweet story, and really funny. To the poster who wanted to bring their 3 year old, some of the scenes at the end may be too intense, especially on the big screen. You might want to wait and watch it at home on DVD.

To the poster who said that Giselle looked like Ariel, I agree! I loved how this movie threw in references to other Disney movies. In fact, I looked it up on IMDB and it said that Jodi Benson (the voice of Ariel) and Paige O’Hara (the voice of Belle) had small parts in the movie! Jodi was Robert’s secretary and Paige was the actress on the soap opera the prince and Nathaniel were watching.

Great to hear so much positive stuff about this movie. I am going to take Kaylin this weekend!

I’m trying to bribe my 14 yr. old son into watching it with me.
I sat through “Beowulf” with him & his brother so he owes me one!
(“Beowulf” wasn’t quite as bad as I expected. The “nude” scenes weren’t actually nude but didn’t leave much to the imagination.)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.