Movie Idea... The Rosary

Greetings all,

I have a film idea… but I don’t know how to go about to get it produced. I can see it all in my mind, and perhaps I should write it out scene for scene.

Essentially, it is the Rosary.

The opening shot pans on some nuns as they begin the Apostles Creed, then on to the Our Father, and the Hail Mary’s, when the First Joyous Mystery is announced the shot fades from the sisters to Mary pray praying moments before Gabriel approaches. While music is played in the shot the scene is acted out as it was. The scene lasts as long as it would take to say the ten Hail Mary’s, Glory Be, and Fatima Prayer, and then the shot fades to The Visitation. It is acted out as it was for as long as it would be to go through that decade, and on to complete The Joyous Mysteries. Then on to the Luminous Mysteries, The Sorrowful Mysteries and the Glorious Mysteries. The scene fades back to the sisters as they finish up with the Hail Holy Queen, closing credits, yadda yadda yadda…

More of a visual meditation. 20 decades and about a runtime of 60 plus minutes. I can see it beautiful in my mind… slick sets and heartful acting, but again, don’t know how to get something like this produced. At this point, I would be pleased to say the idea would be public domain if somebody has the resources to run with it. I just hope it’s not butchered from the visuals in my minds eye.

Well, what do you think?

emp.

You need to get somebody to write the screenplay. It’s basically the story of Christ, which has been filmed for movies before. Your idea includes packaging it with the reciting of the Rosary.

JMO, but I think it would be a better devotional, perhaps even online, with still photos and musical score, rather than a movie. You want something that someone can see and pray often, not just whenever they’re around a TV or theater.

It would even make a wonderful children’s drama. With only ten Hail Mary’s a scene, it’s perfect for children. A few lines each, a tableaux–kids can do it. And it would be nice to rehearse; lots of kids could be involved, and they would only have to come on the nights that their “mystery” was scheduled for rehearsal. It would last about a 45-60 minutes, perfect for children’s drama. The Living Rosary.

Let’s see if anyone else chimes in, perhaps an experienced screenplay writer.

Someone who is creative can cut scenes from existing movies such as:

The Nativity
Jesus of Nazareth
The Passion

and string them together, making a mini short.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.