Movie: LAW ABIDING CITIZEN ~ your thoughts?

[HD]

Anyone else seen this yet? Thoughts? Opinions?

Not only is this a “vengeance” movie, but it also shows the frustration levels of citizens with our justice system, and even wider than that, our out of control Federal government. I really wonder if this movie isn’t going to tap into that overall frustration with the citizens of this nation and turn it into EITHER a blockbuster film or a cult classic?

All I know is that I see and hear a lot of complaints about government. More now than I’ve ever heard. Not just from the ‘loyal opposition’ who voted for the losing party but also from the people who voted in this Congress and this President. Given the complaining and frustrations that people seem to be having, I really think this movie, even if it is only marginal, could become a big hit because it is coming out at the right time to allow people to vent their frustrations.

BTW: Movie release date is October 16, 2009

I can’t wait to see it! Have been dying to see it since I saw the trailer a few weeks ago. The release date is October 16th. Jamie Foxx I can do without, but Gerard Butler = hot with a capital H. There’s nothing like a good action/suspense movie… I’ll take that over a “girlie” movie any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

It looks a lot like that now-forgotten Denzel Washington movie, “John Q.,” or something like that, where the guy holds the hospital hostage. (Yeah, there’s a good way to ensure quality care for your loved ones.) That was an awful movie. This “Law Abiding Citizen” looks like “John Q” with a dash of “Saw” or “Hostel” thrown it. No, thanks.
:yawn:

You are as bad as my wife. Let’s see :compcoff:

There’s 300, Phantom of the Opera, P.S. I Love You, Shattered, Gamer… :mad:

It’s not a fair comparison!!! :crying:

So sorry. You could always dress up as if you were in 300? :eek: :stuck_out_tongue:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.