MOVIE: Les Miserables 2012

This one looks promising. Comes out this Christmas.

Trailer: youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUk-BRZVAM

I saw the stage play on Broadway 10 years ago. Looking forward to the movie, most definitely!:thumbsup:

I have seen it several times & looking forward to the movie. Last year I took my daughter to a live performance in downtown Portland and the tickets were so $$ (mid range seats) I knew this was the last time I would be buying such tickets.

I think what’s cool about this one is that, rather than lip-synching to prerecorded tracks, they’re filming the songs live, as if it were being given as a play performance.

Yes, that’s what grabbed my attention.

Great director, great actors, and a timeless story. I smell some Oscars.

But can Hugh Jackman and Russell Crowe sing?

Hugh Jackman has headlined in a bunch of musicals like Oklahoma, and Crowe had a fairly popular rock band. Both have great singing voices.

I hope so. I’m not a big play view or movie goer but here’s a glimpse at it if you haven’t seen it.

Hugh Jackman can definitely sing; I still remember his performance at The Oscars two or so years ago. He made a great impression there. I don’t think they’ll get people who couldn’t sing for a huge production as this.

There is a more recent international trailer out now which has Crowe singing:

youtube.com/watch?v=YmvHzCLP6ug

As Language and Literature grad, I felt obliged to watch.

After learning Sacha Baron Cohen and Helena Bonham Carter were singing Master of the House… now I’ve GOT to watch this!!! :rotfl:

I saw the play when it first arrived in NYC and several times after that. I’m really looking forward to the movie!

They both sure can sing! I think this is absolutely perfect casting, and I can’t wait for this movie to open. This is the most powerful musical ever, IMHO.

December 14 will be a fun day this year - both Les Miserables and The Hobbit open on the same day!

Nuuu!! How am I gunna watch both!? ;w;

The U.S. release was moved to Christmas Day.

Hugh Jackman is one of my favorite actors:thumbsup: Nice guy too :slight_smile:

I saw this on Broadway, it was awesome :smiley:
I agree with you…

The first review is quite good. Can’t wait to see this:

showbiz411.com/2012/11/23/first-review-les-miserables-comes-to-movies-with-hugh-jackman-russell-crowe-anne-hathaway

i read it got a standing ovation at its opening for what that is worth. (not sure where the opening was :blush:).
i am looking forward to the movie. i have not read the book, but saw the movie version with liam neeson (sp?) and a few weeks ago, a black and white version of les miserables
was on tv and i saw most of it.
i never got to see the play. i know hugh jackman can sing and anne hathaway. i will be interested to hear russell crowe sing.
looking forward to the movie. it will be my christmas present to myself i guess as i don’t get to the movies very often anymore, but this looks like it will be a good movie experience.

I am really looking forward to it. I think this might be the only musical they could have produced this way. I wonder what the Oscar impact will be on this unique movie. What I saw of Anne Hathaway was totally stunning.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.