MOVIE: Prince Caspian

The trailer for the new Narnia movie, Prince Caspian, is now on the internet. You can view it at www.narniafans.com
It looks awsome.

Thank You! I’ll pass on this link to my sister. I’ve never read Prince Caspian, but I’ve read LWTW, Voyage and Magician’s Nephew. I may consider reading Prince Caspian. :smiley:

The Prince Caspian Movie Trailer

WOW.

I can not wait for this!!!

~Liza

Great clip! Thanks very much for the post! I’m looking forward to it too.

I urge you to do so. I think PC is one of the most underrated books of the series.

Edwin

The books can be bought separately or in one volume. The one volume has them in the order they’re meant to be read, beginning with “The Magician’s Nephew.”

The BBC, back in the late 80’s and early 90’s, produced made for TV movie versions of some of the books (up to the Silver Chair, I believe but no Horse and His Boy or Magician’s Nephew). The special effects weren’t as good, but they were still good.

I would love to get that DVD set for my husband, he’s mentioned them many times to me.

~Liza

I haven’t read this one yet in the narnia series, but I can’t wait to watch this. Looks great! :slight_smile:

yea!

I strongly disagree, even though I know I’m going up against Lewis himself (that doesn’t bother me–I’m sure I’ve spent a lot more time thinking about the subject than he ever did). Magician’s Nephew plunges you into a fully imagined Narnia, and many of the references are obviously thrown in to explain things you have already encountered (such as the lamppost). I also can’t imagine that someone would appreciate Wardrobe as much coming to it after Nephew. Wardrobe is a marvelous book if you are approaching Narnia for the first time, but it’s full of inconsistencies and things Lewis just hadn’t thought through well.

Edwin

Very cool!

I agree. My books are numbered chronologically on the spine, but they’re arranged on my shelf in order of publication (2, 4, 5, 6, 3, 1, 7) :slight_smile:

I know it’s not the best source for reliable information, but Wikipedia discusses reading order and seems to say that the chronological ordering is based on a letter Lewis wrote to a boy to settle a disagreement with his mother. I think it only makes sense that he would side with the boy out of politeness regardless of the order he preferred. It was only a private letter to a young fan, not a public statement. Perhaps there are stronger reasons for chronological ordering not cited in Wikipedia. :shrug:

Can’t wait for this movie! (and the five more to follow! :wink: )

Anyone else excited about seeing the new movie this summer?
I was in the theater with my friends waiting for another movie (can’t recall which one), but I saw the opening begin and I’m like, “Huh, this seems like Narn – OMIGOSH oh my gosh!!!” I started freaking out in my seat and my friends just laughed at me. Haha.

But the movie looks very very promising and I loved the first one very much. I think it will be a very good movie to go see, especially after all that stuff about The Golden Compass.

De-fi-nite-ly!

I was in the theater with my friends waiting for another movie (can’t recall which one), but I saw the opening begin and I’m like, “Huh, this seems like Narn – OMIGOSH oh my gosh!!!” I started freaking out in my seat and my friends just laughed at me. Haha.

My dh and I had the same reaction. We just turned to each other and said: “YES!” :wink:

But the movie looks very very promising and I loved the first one very much. I think it will be a very good movie to go see, especially after all that stuff about The Golden Compass.

We loved the first one, too, and bought the DVD. Can’t wait to see PC and then own it, too. Walden Books plans on making all the books into films. See here for more about it! :smiley:

I didn’t go to any movies last year, but this year…Narnia and Indiana Jones!!! I am there with bells on!!!

:yup: Yup, I’m super excited! :extrahappy: The Narnia books are some of my all time favorite books, they never grow old! And I agree that the last movie was wonderful, so I’m looking forward to this one.

Oh yeah… we’ve had our calendars marked for a while. My 7 year old son and I just finished *The Voyage of the Dawn Treader *and are now reading The Silver Chair. We love Narnia at our house too! And the first movie was so well done… we are excited about this one. They are filming *Dawn Treader *already… we are looking forward to that too! :smiley:

:extrahappy: Yea, Dawn Treader is my favorite! :extrahappy: :smiley:

I haven’t read the Prince Caspian book. I saw the trailer online for the movie. Does it look like they’ll follow the movie or did they change some things? I thought there was a big rat in this one :confused:

I hope they get to make “The Magician’s Nephew”, I really liked that Narnia prequel.

It looks like it will be pretty similar. You can’t tell a whole lot since they kind of piece all these parts together, but I can pick out most of it from the book. And the last one was pretty accurate, so I trust that this one will be similar.

As for the “big rat,” are you talking about Reepicheep? He is a 3 foot tall, talking mouse.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.