Movie question

Has anyone seen the step brothers movie if so is it an immoral movie that has lots of nutidy in it?

Hey Joe,

I haven’t seen the movie, so I’m not going to much help. Looking at the ratings though it appears that it would be a coarse movie. Whether or not you enjoy Will Ferrel in other similar movies (Blades of Glory, Taledaga Nights) would be what I would base seeing the movie on (which I don’t really enjoy anyways. =p)

Pax

-Conall Cernach

Yes, :blush: unfortunately I did see this movie. I had no idea of its content as I just heard about it as being a great comedy. Well, save your money. It is trash. I should have walked out and demanded my money back but again :blush: for some really unknown reason I stayed. My wife was with me and we both agreed that this is trash. If someone handed me that movie on DVD would dump it. Yes, it is VERY raunchy…teachccd

It’s rather unfortunate that this has become the state of most comedies this day.
Though for Joe I would recommend Mr. Bean’s Holiday if he hasn’t seen it. It should be out on dvd now.

-Conall Cernach.

i have seen the movie and loved it.

i dont think there is any nudity. what appears to be 2-5 seconds of nudity is a prop i think.

there is a lot of profanity and some violence. however the main theme is family, love, acceptannce, and forgivness. while not children approiate it is a very good movie if you can get past the raunchyness.

the singing alone in this movie makes it worth a watch.

I was turned off by the ads - how old are these “boys” anyway? They look like they’re in their forties, for heaven’s sake. :rolleyes:

In the future may I suggest this website:

pluggedinonline.com/

It gives movie reviews and it tells exactly what is in the movie and why it got its rating.

It has been a great tool for me before I see a movie.

thats part of the premise the ages of the characters they play pretty much match up with the actors ages. i think it allows for some freedom in a movie that inspects the all too common family dynamics in our society these days.

and besides that its just somewhat funny. the ideas of putting adults in a childs role and not hidding it is not new. robin williams in pan, and to a lesser extent will ferrel in elf.

If I were a bettin’ man, I’d bet that you are under 30. I can’t see how you can find humor in such a ridiculously raunchy movie. There are soooo many better comedies out there and the sad part is that our youth are seeing this movie and are being desensitized to the immorality which runs rampant these days.

I only mention the age guess because I have kids under thirty who would also find this type of humor hysterically funny. I think that this movie is exactly what I said it was: trash. How many times was the “F” word used?? Who knows. I stopped counting since there were so many sexual comments to interfere…teachccd :shrug:

So we are to find family, love, acceptance and forgiveness in a movie that uses the “F” word constantly and that is permeated with raunchy sexual connotations?? Wow! Sad place to look…teachccd :eek:

yes. not everything in life is simple and clean. i suppose schindlers list was a bad movie because of its nudity language and violence.

will ferrel is a comedian he makes comedies. their first goal is to be funny. it isnt the raunchyness that makes it funny, but the parodying of situations and interactions.

watching the parent/child and sibling relationships grow makes this a good movie. however from your highhorse im sure much of that was missed.

once again the singing at the end alone makes the movie worthwhile. good not great but still funny.

Are you seriously trying to compare this movie to “Schindler’s List”? If you are, then I suppose I’m game. Please, I’m interested in your take on the use of nudity and violence in “Schindler’s List” to that of “Step Brothers”.

will ferrel is a comedian he makes comedies. their first goal is to be funny. it isnt the raunchyness that makes it funny, but the parodying of situations and interactions.

I’m going to disagree that the first goal of very comedy, or of every comedian is to simply “be funny”. In fact, there is a very compelling argument that says that comedians are the first and most influential cultural engineers. Movies do not exist in a vacuum. They interact with society and leave their mark. Yes, even the “throw away comedies”. The fact that so much raunchiness is glossed over by your post shows that especially the “throw away comedies” have had their impact on you.

watching the parent/child and sibling relationships grow makes this a good movie. however from your highhorse im sure much of that was missed.

Wow. Personal attacks. Very persuasive debate tactic.

I didn’t see it, but I assume that the violence and swearing in Schindler’s List was authentic to the story.

There is nothing in family life where violence and swearing would fit in as a natural and expected thing. (In fact, I would recommend to anyone who is experience a lot of violence and swearing in their family to get out, if possible, or at least get some kind of counselling.)

I saw one thing from my high horse: There are truly good family movies which show love and relationships and this was not one of them. And be glad that from my high horse I can see above your immaturity so that I don’t throw insults directly back at you…peace …teachccd :shrug:

This was NO Schindler’s List. You’re right, though, the end was the best part…:wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.