Movie: "The Mighty Macs"

This sounds like an interesting movie but it was made in 2009 and just now I heard an advertisement on a Catholic Radio station about this movie and here is one article on it: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mighty_Macs , Immaculata College won the women's NCAA basketball championship in 1971 from what I understand. I see, it was released in October 2009 as well. The radio ad said to be released in theaters nationwide October 21, 2011 and that probably grabbed my attention more. It doesn't look like anyone has written a review for it at IMDB: imdb.com/title/tt1034324/ except perhaps a press review is linked to. Has anyone seen this? Something to watch for.

I found this as well:

Earlier Women's Basketball Tournaments

Several women's collegiate basketball championships existed before the NCAA held its first women's tournament. The Commission on Intercollegiate Athletics for Women held national tournaments from 1969 to 1971, and the Association for Intercollegiate Athletics for Women held tournaments from 1972 to 1982.** Immaculata College defeated West Chester State in the first AIAW tournament in 1972.**/QUOTE]

livestrong.com/article/357331-ncaa-womens-basketball-tournament-history/

Wow, when they say the movie will be opening in theaters October 21st, they aren’t kidding, I found a number of theaters that will be showing this near our home here from the website for the movie: themightymacs.com/ Just enter your zip code.

Also, news searches turns up a number of stories:

Immaculata won the first three collegiate women’s basketball championships in the old Association of Intercollegiate Athletics for Women (AIAW) between 1972 and 1974.

articles.mcall.com/2011-10-12/sports/mc-lafayette-movie-1012-20111012_1_limburg-theater-limberg-theater-lafayette-students

Of course, one of the best sports movies in the view of many is ‘Hoosiers’, so to me, this reminds me a bit of that one in its theme. Sounds great and will be opening up in theaters across the US it sounds like a week from tomorrow.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.