MOVIES: Apparitions at Fatima

Hey Guys,
How is everyone?

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen the film 'Apparitions at Fatima'? It's a 1992 release, directed by Daniel Costelle, about the Apparitions that took place at Fatima, Portugal in 1916 - 1917. It was praised by Sr. Lucia Dos Santos, and Pope John Paul II, who is seen at the end of the movie, blessing the three children who play Lucia, Francisco, and Jacinta in 1991.

I ordered it from the EWTN Catalogue and it is a wonderful! The scenery is beautiful and so is the music! The story of the Apparitions is told beautifully too and accurately at that and the actors and actresses are very much look-a-likes or similer to their real-life counter-parts! This film is probably the most accurate version of the Fatima story to date! The particular film also includes the Apparitions of the Angel which happened in 1916 (even though the film lists it as 1915). The best way to describe this movie is as a docu-drama. It is really good! :thumbsup:There are a few inaccuracies however, in the english dubbed version, for example in the July 13th Apparition, the Blessed Mother is quoted as saying: "In the end the Lord, will triumph, he will consecrate Russia to me". I think this is probably due to inaccurate transalation. :shrug:

Anyway, just thought I would let you know about this movie because few know of it and it is great! You can order it from EWTN Religious Catalogue!

Here's a review of this film from Decentfilms.com:

decentfilms.com/reviews/apparitionsatfatima.html

Hope you are all doing well!

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.