MOVIES: Awake

Awake is a psychological thriller about ‘anesthetic awareness’ a horrifying phenomenon wherein the patient’s failed anesethesia leaves him fully conscious but physically paralyzed during surgery.

awakethemovie.com/

I so want to see this flick because I can still remember the pain of such an experience!!! The fiction around the characters sounds exciting too. Has anyone seen this yet? What did you think?

You awoke during surgery???:eek:

Not exactly - I was fully paralyzed yet briefly conscious during a colonoscopy. The feeling is just like it is shown by the actor. The feeling is very desperate and helpless.
Just watching the two trailers for this movie left my heart racing. It’ll be good therapy for me to watch this movie - I think. I dread my next colonoscopy.

Has anyone seen this movie? It is about a young man who has an operation and is not fully ‘under’ and feels a lot of the pain? Supposedly, 1 out of 700 patients are not fully under when undergoing operations, and report that they were ‘fully aware’ of everything going on. It looks a little creepy, but it stars the young guy from Star Wars (can never remember his name) and Jessica Alba.

Just curious if you’ve seen it?

I haven’t seen it, but I do have surgery coming up, so now that you’ve drawn it to my attention I shall check with my Dr and see if there’s any way of minimising the risk of this happening, or even ensuring it doesn’t happen preferrably.

I didn’t mean to concern you!:o I also hope your surgery goes well. (Yes, my husband watched a news show on this last week, whereby it showed a stat that 1 in 700 patients are not fully under) A little creepy, indeed. I will pray that everything goes smoothly for you.

Please don’t feel bad - I really am glad you made me aware of this - at least now I can confront it head on. Thank you for your prayers also :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.