MOVIES: Cowboys and Aliens

How was it? I’ve heard both good and bad. Should I wait for the DVD instead?

I think I’m waiting for the DVD or for it to be on cable at my brother-in-law’s house.

I want to see it, but I usually just wait for my public library to get the DVD.

Cowboys and aliens fighting each other for some reason seems to be the greatest combination ever

Almost as good as peanut butter and chocolate. :smiley:

Most critics and people I know say it has great action, but little character development. A lot of them say, curiously, that you don’t end up caring for any of the main characters.

I would wait for the DVD to come out.

MY opinion. :thumbsup::slight_smile:

[quote="OrdinaryMelkite, post:6, topic:251091"]
Most critics and people I know say it has great action, but little character development. A lot of them say, curiously, that you don't end up caring for any of the main characters.

I would wait for the DVD to come out.

MY opinion. :thumbsup::)

[/quote]

Isn't that common for most action flicks? Character development is usually sacrificed a bit for plot & plot twists -- and action! Not always the case, of course.

Even though I watch most movies at home, I find that action flicks are better on the big screen.

That’s what I heard, with the addition that Harrison Ford is really, really good (Miss Bonnie will be happy).

I’m going to wait for the DVD. The last movie I saw in a theater was Avatar; that gives you an idea of how often we go to the local Popcorn Palace.

Coyboys

That typo makes this a very awkward thread.

Anyway, my understanding is that Cowboys & Aliens take itself seriously. Totally seriously. Seriously.

How can you make a movie about cowboys and aliens, titled Cowboys & Aliens, and think it’s a good idea to avoid all camp?

Maybe it makes it campier? Maybe it’s metacamp!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.