MOVIES: Lars and the Real Girl - WONDERFUL!

I just saw a fabulous movie last night. It made me laugh, it made me cry, and I want to share it with the world.

Here is the short USCCB review of it

Poignant story of emotionally fragile delusional man (a brilliant Ryan Gosling) who – unable to make human connection – buys a life-size female doll whom he presents as his girlfriend, and how his brother and sister-in-law (Paul Schneider and Emily Mortimer), his office mates, fellow churchgoers and townspeople accept “her” as human out of love and compassion for him. Though suspension of disbelief is essential, director Craig Gillespie, working from Nancy Oliver’s delicate script, makes this improbable tale utterly believable, while the themes of family, community, religion, forgiveness, redemption and a strong affirmation of human decency override those very few elements that might preclude younger teens.

Lars and the Real Girl

Yes, it’s a sex doll, but he never intends (or does) anything inappropriate with her. She’s a missionary raised by nuns and she stays at his brother’s house because it’s not appropriate for them to live together outside of marriage. In fact, he’s by far one of the most respectful examples of a boyfriend I’ve ever seen.

Seriously, I wet my pants laughing and my sinuses still hurt from crying.

Forgot the link for the trailer.

Lars trailer

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.