MOVIES: Spiderman 3

Whos seen it yet? Appropriate for Catholics?

I saw it. I’m not Catholic, but I would say that it is appropriate for Catholics. (Trust me. :D)

I’ve seen it! Loved it, but then I loved the other two Spiderman movies.
Have you seen the other two? if so, then you should have no problems with this one.

I definitely thought “EMO Parker” was hilarious.

Saw it this weekend. Good for Catholics (i.e. no gratuitous behavior, no foul language, no skin). There is a part where one character prays in church for something no one should pray for - but the story soon goes on from there.

Great graphics and lots of loose ends tied up from 1 and 2. Great good triumphs over evil story and lessons of forgiveness also.

Enjoy. It’s 2.5 hours long - don’t drink anything before - you don’t want to miss anything.

Agreed, however I believe Eddie’s request of the Lord, helps the audience to see the misguided path he was already on before other events take place to further him down that road…
trying to be vague here so as not to give away the entire story…

I never saw the first one and saw just the ending of the second one. Saw Spidey 3 Friday afternoon with my older son. One thing I enjoy from the series is the depth of the characters and the ability of those who are the antagonists to convert and make amends. Spidey has a good sense of his responsibility and realizes that, even though he is a superhero, he can’t go it alone. I also liked the actors. They did a great job.

I cannot wait to see this. My best friend got married this weekend, and I was maid of honor, so I didn’t get a chance. I told her any bridezilla behavior and I would drive myself to see spidey

From a theological point of view you could have great discussions about forgiveness, mercy, and redemption as shown in the movie.

The only real problem I had with the movie was one of the character’s making a mockery of the Catholic faith for what he was praying for. Then again, that shows the kind of person his character was and why he became…well, I don’t want to spoil it for anybody who hasn’t seen it yet.

Here’s my :twocents:

Good movie, though several inappropriate parts are included.

Bad parts:

1. Movie starts off with Peter going to see M.J. in a play. She wears an immodest dress with her back completely uncovered and shows a little cleavage.

2. God’s name was used in vain 3 or 4 times.

3. Light profanity (what the h*** and kick ***)

4. Peter performs some rather sexual dance moves (though he is not fully responsible because of the virus).

5. Peter saves girl from falling…she’s wearing a slightly immodest shirt and the camera angle is just right. :rolleyes:

6. M.J. sings in a bar and wears a dress revealing some cleavage.

7. A lot of violence, but nothing too graphic.

Can’t remember anything else…

Good parts:

Very strong Christian outlook. Focuses on forgiveness, what revenge does to a person, and emphasizes free will. Action scenes were very well done, and plot takes some good twists. :slight_smile:

I think mature Catholics can go and see this movie safely. Children should not be allowed to see it, though. :nope:

Take a dramamine before you go.:eek: I felt sea sick during certain parts of that movie…but, it was good.

My kids liked it, but liked SM2 better.

Yes, dramamine very important if you go see it on IMAX!

I Seen it emo parker was funny

Did you sit through the movie with a clipboard?
Honestly I can’t remember noticing any of that while I was watching the movie or afterwards.
In regards to Emo Parker’s dance moves, were you referring to on the street or in the Jazz bar. I can see your point on the “street” portion, however during the Jazz Club sequesnce I found his dance moves to be very reminicent of the older musicals from that time period, didn’t think they were inappropriate.
On a side note, I had no idea Tobby McGuire could dance at all nevermind as well as he did in the movie, I was very impressed.

Cool movie. That says it all. Now all I have to do is wait for Pirates of the Carribean 3 :thumbsup: :cool: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Same here, + Shrek 3! :thumbsup:

I didn’t see this as making a mockery of Catholicism at all. It was there to show how far Eddie had sunk.

Loved it. It’s a great movie for Catholics.

I went to see it with a friend of mine who converted from Evangelical Protestantism and also thought it was terrific. As we were leaving the theater we ran into a couple of Evangelical friends of ours and were able to talk to them a while bringing out some of the Catholic points in the movie.

I agree totally with you! It goes to the charachter of the person.

Granted, that’s why I also said, “then again, it shows that person’s character.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.