Movies that Make You Cry

Come on, 'fess up! What sets those tear ducts streaming, besides onions? We watched the Muppet Movie last night and it did it. I am such a CRYBABY! It's A Wonderful Life did it the night before! Somebody asked me the last time I saw a movie and didn't cry. I had to think. Blazing Saddles, probably, when it first came out....But I am not sure...

-Tina :crying:

I’m the same way. I get teary eyed watching anything from extreme sadness to extreme happiness. It’s one of those weird things where I just get so happy I cry…lol it’s hard to explain.

Some of them that really get me going though are…

-The Notebook
-Rudy
-We Are Marshall
-The Kite Runner
-The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
-My Sister’s Keeper
-Amelia

Mind you, I don’t cry through the whole movie…but parts in there will just, as you say, “set those tear ducts streaming”! What can I say?..call me sensitive. Heck, I even got a little teary eyed seeing the trailer for Dear John. :rolleyes: :stuck_out_tongue:

:crying: :slight_smile:

• An Affair to Remember, and many other schmaltzy old black-and-
    white films;
  • Every Christmas Movie ever made, even the cartoons. I cry
    when the Whos Down in Whoville sing Da Doo Voris, when
    Charlie Brown’s buddies sing “Hark the Herald Angels Sing”, and
    when The Cratchets sing "We’ll Have the Lord’s Bright Christmas"
    from Mr. Magoo’s Christmas Carol and have every year since they
    came out about 50 years ago (50 Years ago!!! Holy Cow!)
  • Schindler’s List

I don’t cry easily in real life, so I need good tearjerkers for catharsis!

I was crying right with you the other night watching 'its a wonderful life'.

I love that movie.

:crying::crying::crying::crying:

This thread is hopeless.:crying:

-Tina :crying:

Wizard of Oz
- when Dorothy almost lost Toto!:crying:
- when she returned to Kansas!:crying:
- when the wizard awarded them!:crying:

I just saw the movie Avatar, and I had to try really hard not to cry at a couple of points in the movie. An excellent movie, destined to be a classic.

Pixar can not make a bad movie, it seems.

That said, the first 15 minutes of their latest, Up, will convert the most surly of us into a pool of blubbering weepy melancholy.

It's a Wonderful Life
The Notebook
Marley and Me
Up
The episode of the Office where Jim and Pam get married
Star Wars Episode 2 and 3
Breakfast at Tiffany's

What about when she is getting ready to click her heels together and she’s saying goodbye to the Scarecrow! :crying:
Definitely when she returns to Kansas…I’ll admit that I have the whole "if I ever go looking for my hearts desire, I won’t look any further than my on back yard…speech! AHHHHHH! gets me every time…“oh, Toto…there’s no place like home!” …Now, where are my tissues~~~~:crying:

Also, the final scene in “Au Revior Les Enfants”…Heck! I cry through the whole thing just cause I know how it ends!!!:sad_yes:
CC

Old Yeller, Sophie's Choice

I am David

Ghost
Casablanca

I'll think of more later. Yes, this thread is hopeless. Just thinking about 'Ghost' got me sniffling.

Up
Marley and Me
Milo and Otis

I had forgotten about Old Yeller.

The hardest I’ve ever cried about a movie was for Mayerling (1968).

I was 16 or 17 when Mayerling came out. It was the story of Austrian Archduke Rudolph and his very young mistress. They couldn’t marry and so they made a suicide pact. Very Romeo-and-Juliet-ish. Omar Sharif and Catherine Deneuve. Visually it was gorgeous. But it just struck my teenage melodramatic heart. I started crying in huge heaves as soon as we got in the car after the show and didn’t stop for an hour. I was on a double date and my poor date didn’t have a clue what to do with me. Must have been raging teenage hormones.

I just looked Rudolph up on Wikipedia and read that the hunting lodge where the pact was carried out was turned into a convent for a penitential order of Carmelite nuns, where they pray for his soul to this day.

Only two:

-The Passion of the Christ (mostly when Jesus is being scourged)
- Moulin Rouge

[quote="abort73catholic, post:2, topic:180984"]
-Rudy

[/quote]

Rudy is such an awesome and inspirational film. Especially that all this really did happen. The grit and determination that kid had was just freaky. :D

We Were Soldiers - “Tell my wife I love her, and my baby.”

The Patriot - “I have done nothing, and for that I am ashamed.”

Armageddon - “You go home and take care of my little girl. That’s your job now.”

Star Trek II - “Of all the souls I have ever encountered, his was the most … human.”

Les Miserable - “I bought your soul, I withdraw from it all bad thoughts, and I give it to God.”

Rocky (2006) - “She didn’t leave, Paulie. She died. It wasn’t supposed to be like this.”

I’ll think of more later.

Powder

I almost cried in the movie Crash when the mexican guy is almost shot and his daughter jumps up to save him.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.