MOVIES: The 4th Kind

I watched this movie last night. I knew it was about aliens and that it had actual footage. I was never prepared for the things I was about to see.

There are scenes in that movie when it showed actual footage that got me to question…“What the hell… did I just see?”. The whole time my mind was panicking trying to comprehend and separate my fiction, and my reality.

I saw, a man levitate right in front of my eyes that night. I saw a man kill his wife! His children! Himself! Near the end of the movie, the words that got my heart pounding the most was when a lady in hypnosis talking to the ‘Alien’, the ‘Alien’ responded “I … GOD”.

I couldn’t sleep tonight. Only when the sunrise pierced through my bedroom windows at 5:30 A.M. was I able to close my eyes, even if it was for 2 hours.

See here’s the kicker. I tell myself that maybe it was something else I saw, demons maybe, a possessed girl, ANYTHING. But this one question has got me to ALMOST to go mentally INSANE… “What if?”.

Any opinions? Did anyone else watch the movie?

Actual footage of what? It’s a movie. Is this a thinly-veiled advertisement?

I just went to the website and watched the trailer. Yikes. Why would you want to watch that? Do you believe alien abduction stuff?

Are you saying that you saw “actual footage” of a man shooting his wife and children and then himself? :confused: Who was operating the camera, Mulder or Scully? Dan Brown insists that all of his research is true, and we know that it is not, but the claim sells more movie tickets. I was thinking of giving this movie a try, but I guess I’ll save my 8 bucks and buy a book instead. :stuck_out_tongue:

If you take a little sleep deprivation, sleep apnea, too much stimulants, too much tv/video games, etc before bed, drugs/alcohol, parasomnias, insomnia, etc, a big bucket of KFC before bed, etc…I too might start seeing little aliens.

I once started treatment in the middle of the night on a patient with severe sleep apena. The next morning he woke up surprised that he had a mask on his face. He did not remember me coming in at all.

I’ve had patient have dreams about me coming into the room, doing things to them when I did not.

I’ve had patients wake up confused who did not know where they were or how they got there.

I’ve had vivid dreams myself about me sleeping in the “present tense”, and I saw shadows, and figures of light i my bedroom.

There is also a natural phenomonan called “Sleep paralysis”. All of us are litterally paralyzed in REM sleep. We are unable to move our skeletal muscles to protect us from acting out our dreams, so some people might wake up from REM with the after effects, called Sleep paralysis.

The list goes on and on…

I’m sure there is a natural explanation for a lot of these things…after all we only use a fraction of our brain. Also, we do know that in REM, there is a great surge of electrical activity in our brains.

Who saw this? It was very scary, probably one of the scariest I’ve ever seen. But I’m bothered by the fact that they called it a documentary reenactment mixed with “real footage” when it was probably just a science fiction film.

The Fourth Kind is a science fiction/thriller/horror[1] film directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi, and starring Milla Jovovich. The film is purported to be a documentary reenactment set in Nome, Alaska, and deals with alien abductions. The title is derived from J. Allen Hynek’s classification of close encounters with aliens, in which the fourth kind denotes an alien abduction.

The film’s trailer states that the story is based on “actual case studies,” but does not specify which cases. As a result, much speculation has arisen regarding the search for documented evidence from the actual cases and whether Dr. Abigail Tyler is a real person or a fictional character for use in an internet viral marketing campaign.[10]
On September 1, 2009, an investigation by the Anchorage Daily News examined the validity of the film’s premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more frequent than any other small Alaskan town. The consensus is that the high rate of alcoholism combined with the harsh landscape surrounding Nome accounts for a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).[11]

The film currently holds a 15% ‘Rotten’ rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 75 reviews.[8] On Metacritic, it was met with “generally unfavorable reviews” with a 34% rating, based on 19 critic reviews

From; en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind

I hope this helps

Meds.

Google is your friend.

It’s just a movie, made intensely terrifying through media hype pretending that this is real, and increasingly realistic special effects. Scary what they can do now, it’s horrible that they are messing with people’s minds like this for $$. I will pray for you and all who take this stuff seriously. Maybe just avoid this kind of negative, possibly harmful media? I try to, I don’t like what horror movies do to people, especially younger people. Scary stuff,

I saw this film today and was wondering if it was a hoax or real. I think it was a hoax. It’s hard to tell what’s real and what’s not these days it seems.

Hiyas:)

he Fourth Kind is a science fiction/thriller/horror[1] film directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi, and starring Milla Jovovich. The film is purported to be a documentary reenactment set in Nome, Alaska, and deals with alien abductions. The title is derived from J. Allen Hynek’s classification of close encounters with aliens, in which the fourth kind denotes an alien abduction.

This is the first major film executed by writer and director Olatunde Osunsanmi, who is a protégé of independent film director Joe Carnahan.[5] The movie claims to be a re-enactment of original documentary footage.[6] It also claims to use never-before-seen archival footage that is integrated into the film. The film was shot in Vitosha and Sofia in Bulgaria, in Los Angeles, California, USA and Alaska.

%between%
The film’s trailer states that the story is based on “actual case studies,” but does not specify which cases. As a result, much speculation has arisen regarding the search for documented evidence from the actual cases and whether Dr. Abigail Tyler is a real person or a fictional character for use in an internet viral marketing campaign.[10]
On September 1, 2009, an investigation by the Anchorage Daily News examined the validity of the film’s premise, and its relation to actual disappearances that have occurred in and around the town of Nome. The investigation found no specific events to back up the claims in the film and also revealed that unsolved deaths in Nome are no more frequent than any other small Alaskan town. The consensus is that the high rate of alcoholism combined with the harsh landscape surrounding Nome accounts for a majority of disappearances (just as in other remote areas).[11]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fourth_Kind

I hope this helps

As usual, those pesky aliens slipped through the thousands of radar systems in the world. And once again, nobody saw them. How about some abductions in Chicago, Paris, Beijing, Arusha, or Sydney. Perhaps they flew multi-millions of miles and were too stupid to figure out where people live. Just imagine, all those beer parties must have corrupted their intelligence.

Probably?

– Mark L. Chance.

I haven’t seen the movie yet. I won’t be rushing anytime soon…only when the hype has passed and its cheaper to see it on demand.

But, from reading the different responses here, it sounds to me like a documentary about demonic infestation, oppression, obession and possession. Nothing more than that.

“Under the radar” indeed !

Lucifer is hard at work with those who are undecided, and with the others, the susceptible, he is leading them deeper into despair and anxiety.

Don’t fall for the lie my brothers and sisters - recognize these things for what they are - the wickedness and snares of the devil, the false miracles of our times.

[quote="JLSamuel818, post:1, topic:175632"]
I watched this movie last night. I knew it was about aliens and that it had actual footage. I was never prepared for the things I was about to see.

There are scenes in that movie when it showed actual footage that got me to question..."What the hell... did I just see?". The whole time my mind was panicking trying to comprehend and separate my fiction, and my reality.

I saw, a man levitate right in front of my eyes that night. I saw a man kill his wife! His children! Himself! Near the end of the movie, the words that got my heart pounding the most was when a lady in hypnosis talking to the 'Alien', the 'Alien' responded "I ... GOD".

I couldn't sleep tonight. Only when the sunrise pierced through my bedroom windows at 5:30 A.M. was I able to close my eyes, even if it was for 2 hours.

See here's the kicker. I tell myself that maybe it was something else I saw, demons maybe, a possessed girl, ANYTHING. But this one question has got me to ALMOST to go mentally INSANE... "What if?".

Any opinions? Did anyone else watch the movie?

[/quote]

My nephew, Auntie, and I watched this movie last night and it also creeped me out but than it made me wonder and ask questions

Was this on the News? I mean if a man killed his family and himself wouldn't it be reported on tne News and it did happen in the year 2000 and it would have been posted online?

That goes for the police officer who saw something???

Why did these people "act" the way they did when they were under hypnosis in the "real" footage?

Did the "aliens" take over their minds and bodies while under hynosis or was it memory?

When they showed the man levitate in the "real" footage he was sitting they only showed his one side and the rest was covered up in blankets. But on the DVD/movie poster you see a person laying down levitating. Hmmm?

When the "alien" broke their jaw (man and woman) how were they able to talk or even scream?

Why did the "real" footage go blurry?

The alleged real-life video footage and audio recordings used in The Fourth Kind are often denounced as mockumentary-style movie making. The Blu-ray release of the film includes extra footage not included in the original theater release. One of these clips shows the murder-suicide documentary footage. With the volume turned up, a person off-camera can be heard yelling "Action!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_4th_Kind

The actress who plays the "real" Dr. Abigail Emily Tyler is Charolette Milchard

imdb.com/name/nm2598903/

When the "alien" claims to be God it reminded me of 2 Corinthians 11:14 "No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

But then again, it could have said I...Todd (laughs) :p

May Jesus, Our Lady, and St. Michael the Archangel protect all of us from ever evil. Amen.

[quote="goforgoal, post:16, topic:175632"]
My nephew, Auntie, and I watched this movie last night and it also creeped me out but than it made me wonder and ask questions

Was this on the News? I mean if a man killed his family and himself wouldn't it be reported on tne News and it did happen in the year 2000 and it would have been posted online?

That goes for the police officer who saw something???

Why did these people "act" the way they did when they were under hypnosis in the "real" footage?

Did the "aliens" take over their minds and bodies while under hynosis or was it memory?

When they showed the man levitate in the "real" footage he was sitting they only showed his one side and the rest was covered up in blankets. But on the DVD/movie poster you see a person laying down levitating. Hmmm?

When the "alien" broke their jaw (man and woman) how were they able to talk or even scream?

Why did the "real" footage go blurry?

The alleged real-life video footage and audio recordings used in The Fourth Kind are often denounced as mockumentary-style movie making. The Blu-ray release of the film includes extra footage not included in the original theater release. One of these clips shows the murder-suicide documentary footage. With the volume turned up, a person off-camera can be heard yelling "Action!"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_4th_Kind

The actress who plays the "real" Dr. Abigail Emily Tyler is Charolette Milchard

imdb.com/name/nm2598903/

When the "alien" claims to be God it reminded me of 2 Corinthians 11:14 "No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light."

But then again, it could have said I...Todd (laughs) :p

May Jesus, Our Lady, and St. Michael the Archangel protect all of us from ever evil. Amen.

[/quote]

The whole "aliens" "EBE" and UFO is of the devil. It is the delusion for this [modern new age].

What you saw is demonic possession and demonic manifestations.

I recommend you pray the St. Michael Archangel prayer before going to bed tonight and every nite, right after your regular prayers. St. Michael Archangel is our protector against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

[quote="mangy_dog, post:17, topic:175632"]
The whole "aliens" "EBE" and UFO is of the devil. It is the delusion for this [modern new age].

What you saw is demonic possession and demonic manifestations.

I recommend you pray the St. Michael Archangel prayer before going to bed tonight and every nite, right after your regular prayers. St. Michael Archangel is our protector against the wickedness and snares of the devil.

[/quote]

Thank you and God bless you for the comment I was trying my best to explain to the OP that the movie "The 4th Kind" isn't real it's actually a science fiction mockumentary...Kind of reminds me of the movie "The Blair Witch Project"

You'll noticed I put quotation marks with the word "real" because of course it isn't real it's for entertainment.

I totally agree with you St. Michael the Archangel is our protector against the wickness and snares of the devil...Our world sure needs his help.

Saint Michael the Archangel by: Paul Linsey

youtube.com/watch?v=MLYpdKWS0Xg

Saint Michael the Archangel by: Keith John Paul Horcasitas

youtube.com/watch?v=5eBmNG0VCHU

Saint Michael the Archangel Prayer

Saint Michael the Archangel
defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the
wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him we humbly pray,
And do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly
Host, by the Power of God,
cast into hell, Satan and all the evil
Spirits who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.