MOVIES: The Human Experience

Watch the trailer:

grassrootsfilms.com/thehumanexperience/

Coming Soon!

That looks so interesting! Do you know much about it? Is it a documentary?

I don’t know! Based on the website description:

the story of a band of brothers who travel the world in search of the answers to the burning questions: Who am I? Who is Man? Why do we search for meaning? Their journey brings them into the middle of the lives of the homeless on the streets of New York City, the orphans and disabled children of Peru, and the abandoned lepers in the forests of Ghana, Africa. What the young men discover changes them forever. Through one on one interviews and real life encounters, the brothers are awakened to the beauty of the human person and the resilience of the human spirit.

and the captions beneath the photos in the gallery, I think it might be a docu-drama. Some of the photos refer to “actors” so that leads me to believe that it might be based on a true story, with some real footage and some film. They had the premier last week so hopefully it will be available soon!

Any updates? Has anyone gone to a screening? Anyone here from near DC? I see they have a screening in DC comming up :).

Has anyone seen this movie? The trailers look great.

Oh my…just watched the trailer and I’m wiping tears from my eyes:o. It does look like it’s an excellent movie!!!

Yes, the trailers look good. Too bad it’s (currently) only out in limited areas. In one of the trailers it looked like there was a scene with Eucharistic adoration. I was trying to find out if the movie has a Catholic influence.

It does have a Catholic influence, it’s from the makers of “Fishers of Men” movie. If I’m not mistaken the makers of that movie are Catholic.

Has anyone seen this movie? The trailers look great.

I saw it at a pre-screening and it was simply awesome. One of the two brothers in the movie was there and gave it an intro and answered questions afterward. The movie itself revolved around as best I can describe as finding hope in places where you would not expect to find it, crippled children, lepers, homeless. It is documentary style and it brings hope, truly shows the human experience, and even has some humorous parts. It was really an eye-opening movie and also involved the two brothers relationship with their father. One thing they had said is their goal of the movie was to make people not have “pity” or a type of “aww that is so sad” type of reaction but to so the helpless in the movie as just what they are, people. If you can see it it is a opporitunity I wouldnt have pass up. It does have a Catholic influence, it is never overtly mentioned but the brothers are Catholic and they are in help run a house called St Francis House which is sort of like a place for people to get back on their feet.

Wow! Thanks for the review! According to the website, it will not be coming to my part of the world.:frowning: I will have to wait until it comes to DVD.

Grassroots films is a Catholic production company. They are responsible for “Fishers of Men”, and “God In the Streets of New York City.” I wish they had wider distribution and longer films. I suspect they are in dire need of financing. They sure do have a talented group of filmmakers!

Anyone know when the DVD will be available to the general public? I have been watching the web site every couple of weeks for information and nothing is mentioned. I also contacted them and did not receive a responce back.

The trailer itself touches something deep inside ~ I am sure the full production is incredible.

This same company produces the extraordinary vocation DVD for the USCCB “Fishers of Men.”

If you have not seen the trailer for “The Human Experience” ~ take a moment and you will be waiting for the DVD as I am!

From their website, it appears that the movie will have a theatrical release first, which may be why the company is staying quiet about the DVD - they don’t want to cut into attendance at the theaters.

It is true that the movie has been screened in a great many locations (quite few Catholic churches), but the website also notes:

World Premier: to be announced

Please note that the film is being shown in its rough cut version as the film is nearing its completion.

grassrootsfilms.com/thehumanexperience/screenings.html

I really want to see this as well. I wish I hadn’t missed the screenings in my area. :frowning:

I just screened The Human Experience. If it is AnYWherE in your area, this film is a MUST SEE!!!

Amazing, beautiful film and the music is beautiful! Check out where it will be playing next or find out how host a screening and spread the word!

They are hoping to get a theatrical release, so keep them in your prayers!!! If you know anything about the St. Francis House in Brooklyn NY, (Franciscan Friars of the Renewal; Fr. Benedict Groshel) Grassroots Films comes from the guys there!

St. Juan Diego, Pray for us!
Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!

Has anyone seen this film? Its on very limited release right now, currently playing at Harkins in the Phoenix area, Denver, and Fort Worth area. If you can go check it out. Its incredible, probably the best trip I’ve ever had to a movie theater…flat out incredible. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone…we took our teen group and our RCIA group this past weekend.

It was made by Grassroots Films (they also did Fishers of Men, I believe) an Independent Catholic film company. Here’s the site for the film and you can hit them up on Facebook, YouTube, etc.

I know someone who has been to a screening of this and could not say enough about it. I can't wait till it is in wide release or I can purchase it on DVD. Really looking forward to this - Fishers of Men is just amazing, I can imagine this will be just as good.

~Liza

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.