Moving on my own

Hey everyone

I am prepering to move back to my hometown later this year. I am really excited about it...but I was wondering if its good that I am looking foward to living on my own away from my parents? Its nothing aginst my parents I am just looking foward to it.

I’d say it’s part of growing up, and a healthy feeling. I’m living on my own now, truly alone in my house for the first time since I left home at 18 (I’m 27 now, but I always had roommates). It’s a wonderful feeling to look after yourself. You will feel lonely, though. I have two cats. They help me sleep better, because I know I’m not alone in the house. If I hear strange noises and the cats don’t react, I can be sure that it’s not someone breaking in!

On the other hand, if you’re looking forward to being on your own so there’s no one looking over your shoulder as you drink, smoke, and party until the early hours of the morning, you’re probably not ready yet!

I must say, my relationship with my parents has become much more loving since I moved out. When I’m looking after myself, I can respect my parents much more for all the effort they put into looking after not only themselves, but four children as well.

Good luck in your new place!

I have my Dog for that!

LOL well I dont smoke and I rarly drink and my Idea of partying is watching a ball game or race with my friends or going to Bible study and out to eat with my friends.

My Grandparants and Uncles and Aunts are there so I know if something was to happen I can call them.

I dont know what to do. Everytime I get ready to talk about moving to my home town my Mom gets silent. Or blows up about me acting like the place is so perfect(which I dont relize I do). And tells me that Grandmother will try to control me like she did Mom. I dont know what to do. I want to move there but it seems to cause arguments. Any advice?

that sounds like a normal natural feeling in a young adult. living on your own will allow you to set the best distance, emotionally and actual, between you and relatives that are best enjoyed from a distance.

closed #6

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.