Moving to Chicago

Part of this is to express my thanks to god for something going really great for me…and part of it is a prayer request :wink:

So it’s been my dream to live in Chicago for almost 3 years. In high school I got into some colleges there, but all were to expensive even with scholarships. I ended up at a community college. A lot of the classes are available online, so I tried taking some of those this semester and they worked out well for me. I just registered for my next semester’s classes and made them all online courses…which means I can move in with my aunt and uncle in Chicago while still going to college in Indiana. I’m so excited!

Part of me keeps thinking of reasons not to go…

I should wait til after college…I’ll miss my friends and family…I’ll have to quit my part time job and find a new one…

One thing that was holding me back was my boyfriend of two years, he wasn’t trying to, of course, but I was reluctant to leave. However, since he (conventionally) broke up with me last month…I don’t have to worry about leaving him behind, and the idea of a fresh start in Chicago lessens the sadness a little.

So basically I’m just asking for prayers that everything goes well, and that I don’t let things hold me back from fulfilling my dream that I hope is God’s will for me (and if it is, I shouldn’t be worried) :slight_smile:

Prayers!

On a related note, I strongly recommend visiting Dinkel’s Bakery in the Lakeview neighborhood…excellent cookies and baked goods!

I’m praying for you.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To you do we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not our petitions but, in your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Thanks you guys!

On a related note, I strongly recommend visiting Dinkel’s Bakery in the Lakeview neighborhood…excellent cookies and baked goods!

Haha I’ll have to try it, I’ll be living in the Edgewater neighborhood :slight_smile:

Praying.

Praying for your intention …

May your new life in Chicago be blessed. May you find nothing but peace with your decision to go there. May the Lord go with you, and keep you close to His Sacred Heart. Amen.

Praying for your intentions….

Lord Jesus, You have said,
“Learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart.”
With confidence in Your loving heart
which offers rest to weary souls,
we come to You in this time of special need.
In Your unfailing love,
read the prayer that is written on our hearts,
and grant the grace that we ask of You,
in accordance with Your holy will.
In Your name we pray.
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.