MP Signed and Ready

Check this out:
rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

:yawn:

You’ll pardon me if I remain skeptical.

Besides it matters not WHEN the Motu Proprio happens, but rather what form it takes.

I believe that it’ll do nothing more than flip the (purported) legal status of the Tridentine Mass from forbidden unless expressly permitted to permitted unless expressly forbidden.

There will be some modest increase in Tridentine Masses, probably only in the dioceses of those bishops too apathetic to bother forbidding it. I say nothing of bishops favorable to the Tridentine Mass because there aren’t any. They have had it within their power to allow as many Tridentine Masses as they felt inclined, and you’re lucky to find a diocese that has more than one, while most have interpreted the papal exhortation for “generous application” of the Indult to mean a Mass every first and third Sunday in some obscure (dangerous) urban parish or nusing home chapel (Cleveland diocese for many years) at an inconvenient time (like 3PM). Often it’s at a parish which is financially troubled in order to draw people (and some collection money) into the city from the more affluent suburbs. Or else it’s close to an SSPX center in an attempt to draw the Traditional Catholics away.

Thanks for this article.

The more publicity, the better.

**The text has already been signed by the Pontiff, who has even written a long exaplanatory letter, of a theological character, “addressed to all the Bishops of the world”, as it can be read in its introduction, “so that they may receive this document with serenity and patience”.

The Pope thus asks the Bishops, the clergy, and the faithful for a serene mood in the acceptance of the “Motu Proprio”, which will be presented in a Press Conference by Cardinals Francis Arinze, Dario Castrillon Hoyos, and Julian Herranz.**

Fascinating! Serenity is a key to its reception, especially for the liberal bishops.

I thought the big hold up was supposed to be in it’s translations.

I agree - if it happens it will be a paer tiger. The priest in my diocese assure the faithful that out bishop will not allow… well you all know the drill.

This comes from rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

Italian Papal News website: Motu proprio “signed and imminent”

by Bruno Volpe

The Papal “Motu Proprio” for the liberalization of the Latin Mass according to the Tridentine rite of Saint Pius V is ready, is about to be translated into several languages and will be published right before the departure of Benedict XVI for the summer vacation. [Rorate note: The Pope’s early vacation this summer will be spent in a small villa owned by the Diocese of Treviso, in the tiny hamlet of Lorenzago di Cadore, Province of Belluno, in the Veneto region, in the July 9-27 period.]

The text has already been signed by the Pontiff, who has even written a long exaplanatory letter, of a theological character, “addressed to all the Bishops of the world”, as it can be read in its introduction, “so that they may receive this document with serenity and patience”.

The Pope thus asks the Bishops, the clergy, and the faithful for a serene mood in the acceptance of the “Motu Proprio”, which will be presented in a Press Conference by Cardinals Francis Arinze, Dario Castrillon Hoyos, and Julian Herranz…

My prediction, FWIW:

The motu proprio will be widely ignored and quickly forgotten in most dioceses.:frowning:

Except maybe this time your bishop’s picture will be posted on the walls of the post offices. :wink:

Doubt it - he was appointed by Benedict himself within the year.

It seems–our Pope has run out of men—he can trust.

No, he refuses to exercize - or maybe believe - in his authority. As did JP2. Why I left the church - during the reign of JP2. Benedict seems even more of a disappointment.

You may have a pt.

During JP2’s reign, my diocese became more liberal. The orthodox Catholics were marginalized. I can’t tell you how many converted to Orthodoxy or just quit. I left but remain a believer in God - just at a more universalist less structured level. I no longer accept or have faith in any organized religion. Its been a liberating experience for me.

The thing that sent many out here was the appointment of our liberal bishop to a high position by Benedict.

At some pont you have to ask yourself - I did anyway - if many bishops obviously don’t believe then maybe indeed there is someting not to beleive.

I think of it more in terms of —we are in the midst of full blown heresy—yet few are willing to admit it. Those that prosper within the heresy—want to keep the rest blind to it.

Your interpretaion works for you and mine for me.

In the end it is how we are touched by God. You beleive and i beleive. I no longer believe in organized religion as you do.

But the bottom line is we both believe in God. I think in the end we will end up in the same place. I used to be afraid of not being a member of an organized religion. I no longer feel so. It has really freed me in a way.

The Papal “Motu Proprio” for the liberalization of the Latin Mass according to the Tridentine rite of Saint Pius V

I would worry about how they want to “liberalize” it. :eek: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

My priest has already told me that he will offer a Traditional Latin Mass if the motu proprio is signed - once he completes any gaps in his abilities. :thumbsup:

Don’t be so pessimistic. I think the number of Bishops who will take a strong anti-TLM stance (i.e. preventing it) is smaller than you think. So, then it is up to the parishes and the priests. Hopefully, more priests like ours are out there, willing to take on the task.

Every body brush up on your Latin. Salve Regina, Mater Misericordiae.

I’ve got to say, my priest has said the same to me. Who knows…:dancing:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.