MSNBC Implies People Skeptical Of Government Are Psychologically Insane

"MSNBC Implies People Skeptical Of Government Are Psychologically Insane

Chris Matthews and guests characterize concerns about Obama, gun control, open borders, 9/11 and the Bilderberg Group as a mental illness

During a discussion of the Obama birth certificate controversy, MSNBC host Chris Matthews and his guests implied that anyone who questions the official 9/11 story, thinks the Bilderberg group are exercising power to create a world government, people who are worried about gun control and immigration, or even people who are merely skeptical of government, are psychologically insane."…

Full article here: prisonplanet.com/msnbc-implies-people-skeptical-of-government-are-psychologically-insane.html

The Prison Planet web site appears designed for those who believe in various fringe ideas. It does not appear to be a credible source of information. And MSNBC does have at least one person who is confrontational and argumentative. That is not good journalism.

Peace,
Ed

I saw the article and posted it quickly yesterday on my way out the door. I just did a net search and cannot find a msm source for the information. I can find other sources, but nothing msm. I also cannot find the video of the actual interview on Hardball so that I can listen to it and determine for myself the extent of spin from Prison Planet. Considering both things, I have to concur that this is not a credible source of info. Thanks for the heads-up!

So because Prison Planet is not a reliable news source it justifies a blanket statement that anyone who is skeptical of the government is insane?

I thought MSNBC was reporting on MSNBC, I didn’t realize Prison Planet was doing a report on MSNBC. Sorry about that.

It is no different than statements that liberalism is a mental disorder. :shrug:

BTW…“psychologically insane?” …as opposed to other types of insanity? :stuck_out_tongue: It sounds like something Chris Matthews would say. He is a small fry short of a happy meal.

Oh boy - we will need government counseling.:frowning:

Like maybe those who were put into the Gulags and wrote letters to Stalin pleading their innocence, unwilling to accept it that Stalin had them put there knowing full well they were innocent. “Stalin doesn’t know” was the often-repeated mantra of the “callup of 1938”.

They should have trusted government? I guess, indeed, they did.

You got to be kidding somebody still watches that channel?:eek:

Well, MSNBC has something in common with the former Soviet Union, then. The KGB used to routinely put political dissidents into the basement of the Lubyanka Prison in Moscow, where they were kept restrained and tortured with psychotropic drugs—since anyone who opposed the acknowledged superiority of communism was “obviously” insane.

I thought MSNBC was something they sprinkle on fried rice in a Chinese restaurant. I hear too much of it isn’t good for you.

I have yet to see any news from MSNBC in years. Everytime I turn it on, it’s all crime documentaries and political talk shows. :shrug:

Here’s the video:

youtube.com/watch?v=1L6o2iFHVTs

Unsurprisingly, Prison Planet has spun it to make it sound much worse than it actually is, to fit their agenda. See for yourself.

Thank you for the link. Some on the video do imply that certain folks are nuts, but Prison Planet did spin it too.

I guess this --codifies what we already knew–Chris, Rachel & Keith are nuts–they were a tad more than skeptical during the past administration–one might say frothing is a better description.

A poster at a political board I frequent has all kinds of articles about how conservatives are mentally disordered-when he posts them, someone else posts articles about how liberals are mentally disordered.

If you want to call your opponent names, you can find a way to support that.

Indeed. There is a whole book (much more than a casual comment on MSNBC) regarding liberalism being a mental disorder:
Liberalism is a Mental Disorder
:shrug:

As a conservative, I am not offended in the least by having Chris Matthews and the like say that conservatives are “psychologically insane.” I just consider the source, and then chuckle at their need to use psychologically as an adjective when describing insanity. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not a news article

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.