MSNBC Opus Dei

TONIGHT ON MSNBC @ 6:00 & 10:00 PM. Don’t miss ‘Firing Line’, Chris Mathews’ show about Opus Dei.

Wednesday, June 8th, “Hardball” takes an intimate look at Opus Dei.

I am very interested in how Chris Matthews handles this topic.

[quote=TPJCatholic]TONIGHT ON MSNBC @ 6:00 & 10:00 PM. Don’t miss ‘Firing Line’, Chris Mathews’ show about Opus Dei.

Wednesday, June 8th, “Hardball” takes an intimate look at Opus Dei.

I am very interested in how Chris Matthews handles this topic.
[/quote]

I will make a prediction. He will be very skeptical of Opus Dei, while prasing people for devotion, he will belittle the organization and all but label it a group of fanatics.

gilliam,

I fear you are going to be proved correct,

Sadly, the Opus Dei program will be on Wednesday and Christ Matthews just did a very negative promo spot. It might end-up being worse then I feared.

What time does this program air?

[size=2]

[quote=TPJCatholic]Sadly, the Opus Dei program will be on Wednesday and Christ Matthews just did a very negative promo spot. It might end-up being worse then I feared.
[/quote]

You should have heard him during the funeral and conclave coverage. Chris Matthews admitted he knew next to nothing about Opus Dei and then went on the attack against the “secret organization” by throwing around rumors and things from The Da Vinci Code. It seemed he was pre-empting a pick of an influential Opus Dei cardinal or cardinal with ties to the “secret organization”. I knew he was disappointed when the cardinals picked “right-wing” Cardinal Ratzinger instead of a “right-wing” Opus Dei pawn-cardinal (to be used by Opus Dei). Matthews would enter his foaming of the mouth excitement whenever Opus Dei was talked about by the heretical Catholics and others.

Matthews fears Catholic organizations calling for holiness and obedience to the Church. Chris is a “seamless garment”/heretical Catholic of the Governor Mario Cuomo mold.

I pity him and his generation. He is so dead set in his ways, anything short of denial of sacraments or excommunication will probably be of no avail. Anything is possible with God… still I won’t be holding my breath.

[/size]

Hildebrand,

It amazes me that Chris would attack an entire group without really knowing a thing about it…yet he does that all the time to the main Church, so maybe I should not feel amazed.

Opus Dei will be dragged through the mud…all the more reason for good Catholics to note that OD must be a good group.

Detroit,

The show airs at 6:00pm and 10:00pm central time. The Opus Dei attack show won’t be until Wednesday.

It might make for an interesting conversation, at least; particularly if it’s just OD one on one with Chris. I’d watch, but Madeline Peyneoux is in town Wenesday and that’s going to be much more enjoyable presentation, I expect.

chicago,

In Matthew’s promo for the OD spot, he showed a couple of female former OD members that were being very critical of OD. I really do not think Matthew’s has any desire to get it right–it will be a typical blast fest wrapped in a false shroud of being fair and balanced.

[quote=TPJCatholic]Hildebrand,

It amazes me that Chris would attack an entire group without really knowing a thing about it…yet he does that all the time to the main Church, so maybe I should not feel amazed.

Opus Dei will be dragged through the mud…all the more reason for good Catholics to note that OD must be a good group.
[/quote]

I am hoping Chris did his research since then and is well informed on the true nature of the Catholic organization. When he first discussed it, his only knowledge about it was from people like Dan Bown who are seeking to destroy the Church. So all of Chris’s statements and questions were from that point of reference.

Then again, Matthews could have done his research by listening to the heretical groups/persons (CTA, CFFC, et al) and anti-Catholic individuals. :bigyikes:

Hildebrand,

The promo was very negative. We’ll see.

[quote=gilliam]I will make a prediction. He will be very skeptical of Opus Dei, while prasing people for devotion, he will belittle the organization and all but label it a group of fanatics.
[/quote]

The odds are with you. Did you see his show yesterday with the so-called Senate moderates whom he praised as the real leaders of the Senate? God save us from CINOs like Chris.

swamp,

Opus Dei needs people like Matthew’s, just as any person needs a snake bite (he will such an equal amount of venom towards OD).

I laughed another time because I read that this american Hassan detained for being a spy for Russia, was from Opus Dei, I didn´t know that, and for that Opus Dei is menacing America.

Franze,

All I can hope is that some people look into what OD is really about.

[quote=TPJCatholic]Franze,

All I can hope is that some people look into what OD is really about.
[/quote]

I take it you are referring to the killer Albino Monk from “The Duh Vinci Code”, no? :rolleyes:

Hildebrand,

Seriously, just once wouldn’t you like to see the media get something right about the faith?

[quote=TPJCatholic]Hildebrand,

Seriously, just once wouldn’t you like to see the media get something right about the faith?
[/quote]

I know what you mean.

Some of the networks did a fine job covering the death of Pope John Paul II, but was covering an event and they had to do it. It is different from investigating such a faithful and true Catholic organization which impacts so many lives for the better.

To “get it right”, Matthews would have to cover how sufferings teaches us to love and there is no love without sacrifice. Self-denial is a vital part in human growth, etc. I am pretty sure all this is apart of Opus Dei.

Hildebrand,

I never cease being amazed that the media will not tell to story of all the good that OD and the Church does–not that is the real story.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.