Much needed recommendation

I am disgusted with the garbage on T.V. I’m disgusted to the point of “going off!” I need a good book. One that will keep me engrossed and fire me up in spiritual truth. One that, as I’m reading, makes me say “Yes!” Please, please, please.

Are you looking for fiction or non-fiction?

“God and the World”, Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger.

You will be astounded at the man’s knowledge, insight, faith, wisdom, intellect, and candor.

Non-fiction

I assume you don’t need us to mention the Gospels and the CCC. :smiley:

Seriously, here are a couple of recommendations:

Have you read anything by G.K. Chesterton? If not I would recommend anything written by him. He also wrote fiction as well.

God bless

Thank you all, very much.

Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI. Part II is coming soon!

My Life With the Saints by Father James Martin–Father Martin’s encounter with the saints during his spiritual odyssey. A great read!

Blood and Thunder by Hampton Sides–A great history of Kit Carson and the conquest of the West. Wonderfully written and historically sound.

[quote="Joe_5859, post:8, topic:192279"]
Jesus of Nazareth by Pope Benedict XVI. Part II is coming soon!

[/quote]

I've read that and thought it was a pretty good read. Thanks. Something along the lines of "He Leadeth Me" by Fr. Walter J. Ciszek, S.J. is the kind of book I like to read. One that answers spiritual questions and inspires.

Thanks, I put it on hold at the library.

7 Secrets of the Eucharist by Vinny Flynn

It is a very interesting and insightful book that can be purchased for about $10. It is fairly thin, at 130 pages, but it is chock full of powerful information about the Eucharist.

I truly never fully understood the Eucharist until I read this book.

Fulton Sheen's "Life of Christ." This has been my devotional reading for Lent and I can honestly say probably the first and only book on a religious suject I've been tempted to stay up late reading when I ought to be sleeping :p

[quote="PoliSciProf, post:9, topic:192279"]
My Life With the Saints by Father James Martin--Father Martin's encounter with the saints during his spiritual odyssey. A great read!

[/quote]

I second this!!! I love this book.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.