Mueller report summary released, showing no proof Trump team conspired with Russia

The report is finally released (minutes ago)

RUSSIA INVESTIGATION

Published 1 hour ago

Last Update 2 mins ago

Mueller report summary released, showing no proof Trump team conspired with Russia

Gregg Re

By Gregg Re | Fox News

Attorney General William Barr on Sunday released the “principal conclusions” of Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s completed Russia probe in a bombshell four-page letter to Capitol Hill lawmakers, which stated definitively that Mueller did not establish evidence that President Trump’s team or any associates of the Trump campaign had conspired with Russia to sway the 2016 election – “despite multiple offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign.”

For Trump, who has tweeted more than 230 times that he did not collude with Russians amid a torrent of allegations from media and political figures, the moment amounted to a near-total vindication. Although Mueller noted that his report was not an “exoneration” of Trump on obstruction, Barr wrote, the “report does not recommend any further indictments, nor did the Special Counsel obtain any sealed indictments that have yet to be made public.”

“No Collusion, No Obstruction, Complete and Total EXONERATION,” Trump wrote on Twitter Sunday afternoon. KEEP AMERICA GREAT!" . . .

I have always wondered WHY, if people REALLY think the Russians were attempting to “influence” the election. . . .

. . . WHY in the world would investigators NEGLECT to look into Hillary’s campaign!?

Bernie, and Jill’s too.

I mean after all. Are we to think “Putin” would be sitting around and conspiring.

Then a subordinate suggest something like . . . .

Subordinate: “Comrade Putin. We must infiltrate the American campaigns. And get them to vote as we want them to vote.”

Putin: No Ivan. We ignore all campaigns. Except we go after the businessman’s campaign with no political experience.

That way, we’ll accomplish all our goals.

We will leave Hillary alone.

Ivan: Brilliant plan comrade Putin!
We go after the businessman and leave all other campaigns alone! We are going for maximal influence!

1 Like

Mueller’s report apparently includes the following:

“The Special Counsel found that Russian government actors successfully hacked into computers and obtained emails from persons affiliated with the Clinton campaign and Democratic Party organizations, and publicly disseminated those materials through various intermediaries, including WikiLeaks”

Assange has specifically denied that. Wonder what the truth is, since as far as I know, neither Mueller nor the FBI ever got a chance to examine the DNC computer. They just took the DNC’s word for it that Russians hacked it.

2 Likes

Ridgerunner . . .

Assange has specifically denied that. Wonder what the truth is . . .

Exactly.

I have always said if we are going to investigate, let’s investigate ALL the campaigns.

I can’t imagine the Russians SELECTIVELY attacking the Trump campaign.

1 Like

Still touting that red herring?
Plenty of articles in the forum about how cyber security investigations are conducted. Main point: not by examination of the hardware.

1 Like

Guiliani admitted that the hacking took place and was a crime. He should know as he was once a prosecutor himself.

There is evidence the Ukraine tried to help Hillary

2 Likes

But as Juiliani would say “So what?”

Umm, wasn’t the allegation the other way around, that the Russians helped, not attacked the Trump campaign? ISTM that it was about collusion with the Russians, on the Republican side.

Or maybe I’m reading you wrong?

dvdjs . . .

Plenty of articles in the forum about how cyber security investigations are conducted. Main point: not by examination of the hardware.

Absolutely irrelevant.

We’re talking “espionage” and all of that.

We need to go waaay beyong mere electronic records.

CNN has reassured us about how important we leave no stone unturned or “Roger Stone”.

No. The Government should go in and take Hillary attorney-client records etc.

And remember. Presidents are not above the law. If THAT is true (and it is), how much more are EX-presidents ALSO not above the law. Obama needs to be subpoenaed and interrogated in my opinion.

America has just been told for years how important all this has been.

Yes. I think now it is time to expand the investigation and get to the bottom of “Putin’s” dastardly deeds.

1 Like

An ex Australian Prime Minister was working for the Clinton Foundation (after donating hundreds of millions of Australian tax payers money to it).

Evidence of Australian involvement in the election?

What if she was Russian, donated hundreds of millions to the Trump Foundation and was working for it during the election?

It would be front and centre of any collusion allegation.

The collusion argument has nothing but people wanting to believe the worst.

2 Likes

OraLabora . . . .

Umm, wasn’t the allegation the other way around, that the Russians helped , not attacked the Trump campaign? ISTM that it was about collusion with the Russians, on the Republican side.

Help, hurt, whatever.

If the Russians are attempting to influence the election, now is the time to expand the investigation.

It’s for the good of the country!

We’ve GOT to get to the bottom of Putin’s inner circle.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Hillary just starts speaking to America in Russian!
Wouldn’t THAT just send “Tingles” down your spine.

And while we are talking about “Tingles”, some of these possible Russian media operatives need to be exposed too! Sweep in there and arrest them at 6:00 AM at their homes (and have FoxNews, just coincidently be hanging out there when they do. And keep the cameras rolling). I’m “Stone” cold just thinking about these media infiltration possibilities.

Mueller himself is not above suspicion either.

There is just no telling how far Vladimir’s tentacles have reached!

2 Likes

Hey HalJustHal. Welcome to CAF!

Let’s impose that SAME standard then on ALL the campaigns.

Right?

Hillary, Bernie, Jill.

Maybe Obama too. Now I know. Obama told Putin to “knock it off”. And that may have scared Putin away from Hillary’s campaign.

But we will never know unless we do a thorough investigation. Right?

And since CNN and MSNBC has been telling us nightly for almost three years now, how important it is to leave no stone unturned, I’d say it’s time to get busy with MORE investigations.

After all. It is to save our Republic. Why it’s the only patriotic thing to do. It is for the kids and all of that!

Let’s get busy.

2 Likes

HalJustHal . . .

Oh don’t worry, I don’t believe anything Hillary ever said . . .

Fair enough Hal.

God bless.

Cathoholic

Obviously nothing can prove a negative. But after the amount of money, time, and effort spent trying to find some evidence of collusion, with no evidence found, I think Trump is pretty much exonerated. The investigation was based on nothing and found nothing.

There’s nothing more that can be done to totally exonerate Trump, let’s move on.

2 Likes

That’s your theory. My theory is that Hillary gloated too much after Gaddafi, Putin’s friend, got murdered in the streets. Motive enough to hack her server? There’s a powerful documentary on this out there. “Putin’s Revenge.”

Because you say so?
We are talking about examination of evidence of hacking. That is clear from the indictments levied by Mueller.

To what, Stormy?

You’re right, I should have said let’s move back – to some form of normalcy.

Technically a not guilty verdict at a trial doesn’t exonerate the defendant,
but it does.

Wasn’t the case for OJ. Not guilty in the criminal case. Cost him plenty in the civil case, though. Apparently there is a higher burden of proof involved in criminal law.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.