Muhammad and the NT

Peace with all :wave:

Here are some quotes taken from NT and found in islamic scriptures :

But as it is written: “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,”
(1 Corinthians 2:9)

Narrated Abu Huraira:
The Prophet said, “ALLAH SAID, ‘I have prepared for My righteous slaves (such excellent things)
as no eye has ever seen, nor an ear has ever heard nor a human heart can ever think of.’”
(Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 93, Number 589)

yes, Allah is quoting Paul the “liar” according the Muslims :wink:

Let’s compare other NT passages:

Narrated AbudDarda’:
I heard the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) say: If any of you is suffering from anything or his brother is suffering, he should say: Our Lord is Allah Who is in the heaven, holy is Thy name, Thy command reigns supreme in the heaven and the earth, as Thy mercy in the heaven, make Thy mercy in the earth; forgive us our sins, and our errors; Thou art the Lord of good men; send down mercy from Thy mercy, and remedy, and remedy from Thy remedy on this pain so that it is healed up. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 28, Number 3883)

"This is how you are to pray: Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven. Give us today our daily bread; and forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors;
and do not subject us to the final test, 10 but deliver us from the evil one. Matthew 6:9-13:)

Another example ::wink:

Narrated AbuUmamah
Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said, "Blessed is he who has seen me, but seven times blessed is he who has not seen me but has believed in me."
Ahmad transmitted it. (Number 1688; taken from the ALIM CD-ROM Version)

After Jesus’ resurrection, Jesus said this to the doubting Thomas :wink: “Have you come to believe because you have seen me? Blessed are those who have not seen and have believed.”

Another example:

Hadith Qudsi 18:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) will say on the Day of Resurrection:

O son of Adam, I fell ill and you visited Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I visit You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so had fallen ill and you visited him not? Did you not know that had you visited him you would have found Me with him? O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not. He will say: O Lord, and how should I feed You when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: Did you not know that My servant So-and-so asked you for food and you fed him not? Did you notknow that had you fed him you would surely have found that (the reward for doing so) with Me? O son of Adam, I asked you to give Me to drink and you gave Me not to drink. He will say: O Lord, how should I give You to drink when You are the Lord of the worlds? He will say: My servant So-and-so asked you to give him to drink and you gave him not to drink. Had you given him to drink you would have surely found that with Me.

Allah is quoting what Jesus said about Himself in Matthew 25:31-46 :wink:

:tiphat:

…Mohamed is quoting what Jesus said…

It can’t be God quoting it, since the Koran is not from God at all.

Since Muslims do not entirely disbelieve the Bible but only saying that some of its contents are corrupted, they can say that the said Quranic verses merely correcting its Bible counterpart. :slight_smile: :wink:

But the Quran does not claim to do so even though almost all Muslims bring up the same “traditional” assertion with no evidence :smiley:

Peace,
Angelos N.

But the Quran never claims to correct the Bible! (even though almost all Muslims bring up this “traditional” assertion without evidence :smiley:

Peace,
Angelos N.

Hi inJESUS, :wink:

There are a few Quranic verses that have remarkable similarities to the Lord’s statements and analogies in the Gospels. A moderate professor of Islamic Theology published a book highlighting the amazing associations between the Bible and the Quran in the name of strengthening the dialogue between Muslims & the people of the Book. However, this theologian was condemned by the majority of conservative commentators and even accused of fostering apostasy! :smiley:

The analogy of mustard seed

21: 47. And We set a just balance for the Day of Resurrection so that no soul is wronged in aught. Though it be of the weight of a grain of mustard seed, We bring it. And We suffice for reckoners.

31: 16. O my dear son! Lo! though it be but the weight of a grain of mustard-seed, and though it be in a rock, or in the heavens, or in the earth, Allah will bring it forth. Lo! Allah is Subtile, Aware.

Luke 17:6 So the Lord replied, “If you had faith the size of a mustard seed, you could say to this black mulberry tree, ‘Be pulled out by the roots and planted in the sea,’ and it would obey you.

The Hyperbole about the infinity of divine revelation

31: 27. And if all the trees in the earth were pens, and the sea, with seven more seas to help it, (were ink), the words of Allah could not be exhausted. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise.

John 21:25 There are many other things that Jesus did. If every one of them were written down, I suppose the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

The growth of seed

48: 29. Thou (O Muhammad) seest them bowing and falling prostrate (in worship), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) acceptance. The mark of them is on their foreheads from the traces of prostration. Such is their likeness in the Torah and their likeness in the Gospel - like as sown corn that sendeth forth its shoot and strengtheneth it and riseth firm upon its stalk, delighting the sowers - that He may enrage the disbelievers with (the sight of) them.

Mark 4:30-32 He also asked, “To what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable can we use to present it? It is like a mustard seed that when sown in the ground, even though it is the smallest of all the seeds in the ground – when it is sown, it grows up, becomes the greatest of all garden plants, and grows large branches so that the wild birds can nest in its shade.”

The camel and the eye of the needle:
7: 40. Lo! they who deny Our revelations and scorn them, for them the gates of heaven will nor be opened not will they enter the Garden until the camel goeth through the needle’s eye. Thus do We requite the guilty.

Luke 18:25 In fact, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.”

God in the midst of the assembly:

58: 7. Hast thou not seen that Allah knoweth all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth ? There is no secret conference of three but He is their fourth, nor of five but He is their sixth, nor of less than that or more but He is with them wheresoever they may be; and afterward, on the Day of Resurrection, He will inform them of what they did. Lo! Allah is Knower of all things.

Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are assembled in my name, I am there among them.”

Peace & Blessings to all,

Angelos N.

Heheh, as I cannot think of how else they (Muslims) can defend the discrepancy or rather Mohammad plagiarizing the Bible.:slight_smile:

Do you have any idea why they hate Paul so much?:smiley:

I agree with you :wink: Muslims clinging to the “distortion theory” need the Bible as the only testimony to the Quran whereas they also hate the Bible because it apparently contradicts the basic Islamic tenets and undermines Mohammed’s prophetic mission. What a paradox these poor believers have! :stuck_out_tongue:

I do believe that Islamic aversion to Paul is definitely an innovation in purely Islamic anti-Christian circles. When I was a student at elementary school, they had told us that all tenets and Holy Scripture of today’s Christianity were devised by Constantine the Great in the early 4th century! However, the finding of many New Testament fragments belonging to the earlier centuries - even Christian apocrypha rebutting the Islamic claim that Jesus was an Islamic prophet giving the glad tidings of Mohammed - compelled the Islamic scholars to revise their assertions and replace Constantine with Paul the apostle! :smiley:

Definitely, the Gospel of Barnabas depicted Paul as the one led astray by Satan to abolish the Jewish Law and distort Allah’s supposed message to Israelites. Most Muslims reading this false document delighted in the idea of presenting Paul as the founder of modern Christianity.

Yet I believe that Mohammed’s followers should praise Paul because he appears to be greater and more powerful than Issa of the Quran in that Issa’s religion (Islam) disappears as soon as he is assumed to Allah whilst the religion Paul preached (Jesus’ Gospel and Christianity) remains until the day of the Lord’s return! :smiley:

Peace,
Angelos

Great thread, inJESUS. It will definitely come in handy.

Thnx for the explanation about Muslims and Paul.:smiley:

*… even Christian apocrypha rebutting the Islamic claim that Jesus was an Islamic prophet giving the glad tidings of Mohammed - compelled the Islamic scholars to revise their assertions and replace Constantine with Paul the apostle! :smiley: *

How so? Islam as a word didn’t exist during the time of Jesus.:slight_smile:

Thnx for the explanation about Muslims and Paul.:smiley:

*… even Christian apocrypha rebutting the Islamic claim that Jesus was an Islamic prophet giving the glad tidings of Mohammed - compelled the Islamic scholars to revise their assertions and replace Constantine with Paul the apostle! :smiley: *

How so? Islam as a word/religion didn’t exist during the time of Jesus.:slight_smile:

erm, I mean the Gospel of Barnabas is the only apocrypha Muslims still put their hope in! None of the other - earlier - apocryphal Gospels has anything to support the Islamic claim. Muslims, however, are perfect at anachronism since the Quran describes Jesus as an Islamic prophet denying the Trinitarian faith! According to some verses in Mohammed’s book, even Abraham was a Muslim like all the other prophets sent by Allah :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace,
Angelos N.

erm, I mean the Gospel of Barnabas is the only apocrypha Muslims still put their hope in! None of the other - earlier - apocryphal Gospels has anything to support the Islamic claim. Muslims, however, are perfect at anachronism since the Quran describes Jesus as an Islamic prophet denying the Trinitarian faith! According to some verses in Mohammed’s book, even Abraham was a Muslim like all the other prophets sent by Allah :stuck_out_tongue:

Peace,
Angelos N.

Dont most Muslims respond to the issues posted here in this thread simply say that it should be no surprise that God would reveal the same truths to different peoples at different times?

Seems to me I recall a Muslim poster here once say that. Yet he is not here anymore so I cant ask him.:frowning:

yes but do not forget that in Paul’s case, what he said is found in no other passage in OT …what Paul wrote is his paraphrasing and combining many OT ideas into a single passage. So Allah aka Muhammad was simply quoting Paul’s paraphrasing ,…yes Paul the “liar” that Muslims hate :smiley:

Angelos, thank you for your valuable contributions!

Oh, I did not know Muslims hate. Thats really surprising.

I thought they were peaceful. How do they learn about the prophets anyway?
Dont they have to read our Bible?

I am so confused.

They don’t learn from anything; it was revealed to them.:smiley:

they have to rely on the Bible to understand/know many things that are unclear or not detailed in the Quran…you know, if you are in doubt, ask those who had the scriptures before you…yet these scriptures are corrupt :smiley:

You know, for you and I, that would be the most logical thing to do - if in doubt, ask those who had the scriptures before us… But alas, what’s in the previous scriptures may not fit in our agenda. So how?

I thought prophet Muhhamed(or was it Allah?) told Muslims to consult the people of the book to read our scriptures?

Why would he do this if he thought they were corrupted? Or did the corruption come later? If it did, How did Allah know about the later corruption when he gave those instructions? oh, wait, now I am confusing myself again, I guess he knew they would be since he is all knowing, but he chose to decieve some to fill up hell? Or am I wrong again?

I give up. Its too hard to figure out what Allah was saying.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.