Muhammed frowned when Umar recited some verses of Torah!

In this hadith Muhammed frowned when he heard some verses of Torah to the extent that he even denied Moses teaching if he was there!!!, so I think its either Muhammed was afraid of his followers to know that some texts of Quran were taken from the Torah or he was afraid of his people start reading the Torah in Arabic and find out that there is no prophecy for him in it.

Do you think of any other possible reason?

Abu’l-Darda’ & Musnad Ahmed hadiths:
Umar brought some pages of the Tawraat to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, ‘O Messenger of Allaah, (these are) some pages of the Tawraat which I took from a brother of mine from Bani Zurayq.’ The face of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) changed, and ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Zayd – the one who was shown the Adhaan in a dream – said: ‘Have you gone mad? Do you not see [the expression] on the face of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)?’ ‘Umar said: ‘We are content with Allaah as our Lord, with Islam as our religion, with Muhammad as our Prophet and with the Qur`aan as our guide. The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) relaxed and said: ‘By the One in Whose hand is the soul of Muhammad, if Moosa were among you, and you followed him and left me, you would go far astray. You are my share among the nations and I am your share among the Prophets.’
[RIGHT]مسند أحمد:
جاء ‏ ‏عمر بن الخطاب ‏ ‏إلى النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فقال يا رسول الله إني مررت بأخ لي من ‏ ‏بني قريظة ‏ ‏فكتب لي ‏ ‏جوامع ‏ ‏من التوراة ألا أعرضها عليك قال فتغير وجه رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏قال ‏ ‏عبد الله يعني ابن ثابت ‏ ‏فقلت ‏ ‏له ألا ‏ ‏ترى ما بوجه رسول الله ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏فقال ‏ ‏عمر ‏ ‏رضينا بالله تعالى ربا وبالإسلام دينا ‏ ‏وبمحمد ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏رسولا قال فسري عن النبي ‏ ‏صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ ‏وقال والذي نفس ‏ ‏محمد ‏ ‏بيده ‏ ‏لو أصبح فيكم ‏ ‏موسى ‏ ‏ثم اتبعتموه وتركتموني لضللتم إنكم حظي من الأمم وأنا حظكم من النبيين ‏
[/RIGHT]
(E) (A)

This is what Khalil , a dedicated Muslim , found out, that there is no mention of Muhammad specifically in Bible and Torah. Many muslims become Christians by praying to God to show them the truth and Jesus appears in their dream telling them the truth. Many muslims came to Christianity saying I did pray and Jesus appeared in my dream. Here are the movies.
youtube.com/watch?v=bte0TmzOw0E&feature=channel_page
youtube.com/watch?v=E7AgGq93lEA&feature=channel_page
youtube.com/watch?v=ozrCY4Kd7mU&feature=channel_page

People meet Jesus in near death experince:
youtube.com/watch?v=ozrCY4Kd7mU&feature=channel_page

Khalil from above movie had a dream with Jesus and a miracle Happen, the Bible he had lost appeared miraculously to him.
Arab countries were part of Holy Orthodox Church, the Church through which God bestowed many many miracles, so I would not be surprised if Khalil ancestors would have been Orthodox Christians.
Orthodox Christian Miracles:
youtube.com/user/IoanRomania09

Why are you in your flesh a muslim?:rolleyes:

anyway,i dont see anything wrong with the hadith,its not a secret that we dont believe in the Torah or the new testament…it was fake even during Omer and Muhammeds saws time :slight_smile:

Yes, we know you say that and believe it, but you never show HOW it is “fake”. Instead, some Muslims here post some verses that, when a Christian or a Jew shows you the context, are clearly NOT supporting the Islamic idea that the previous scriptures are “corrupted”.

Per that hadith, it seems Mohammed knew the Torah contradicted the Qu’ran and he told his followers that if they left him for Moses, they would be apostates. This is interesting because Mohammed also told his followers that if they left Islam they would burn in Hell (Qu’ran 2:109, 3:131) and that whoever asks questions loses his faith (Qu’ran 5:101-102). It seems Mohammed was in the business of ruling by fear and by ignorance.

Not surprising considering that Muhammad was a false prophet. :wink:

Arabian Peninsula was filled with 360 idols pre Muhammed era, and there were lots of Jews and some Christians living together with the Arabs at that time, now the question is why Muhammed succeeded in his mission while the Jews & Christians failed! I think one big factor was the use of war booty, the concubines, the virgins in paradise, and political power helped pushing his people for Islam.

You know that part alone bothers me so much, WHY on earth Muhammed denied that for a prophet like Moses !!!

Control. He knew the Torah contradicted the Qu’ran, so he had to lie about the consequeces of following Moses. That way, the Muslims would not follow Moses even if they figured out the truth.

Because I have a long story, if you are interested go to my CAF home page and read it.

anyway,i dont see anything wrong with the hadith,its not a secret that we dont believe in the Torah or the new testament…it was fake even during Omer and Muhammeds saws time :slight_smile:

Sister Bosnian Muslimah, its one month now and I’m still waiting for your hadith here :wink:

For the same reason the false prophet mohamad said this about Moses ~

Volume 1, Book 5, Number 277:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, 'The (people of) Bani Israel used to take bath naked (all together) looking at each other.

The Prophet Moses used to take a bath alone.

They said, ‘By Allah! Nothing prevents Moses from taking a bath with us except that he has a scrotal hernia.’

So once Moses went out to take a bath and put his clothes over a stone and then that stone ran away with his clothes.

**Moses followed that stone saying,

“My clothes, O stone! My clothes, O stone! till the people of Bani Israel saw him and said, 'By Allah, Moses has got no defect in his body. Moses took his clothes and began to beat the stone.” **

Abu Huraira added, “By Allah! **There are still six or seven marks present on the stone from that excessive beating.” **

Pathetic & ignorance!!! No wonder the Jews rejected mohamad!

Yes, this is absolutely pathetic and ridiculous! And there’s so much more nonsense like it.

Vickie

This is silly,is this supposed to be an argument against islam? then i really made the right choice by converting to this religion

Indeed, it is very silly that a rock took Moses garments and “ran off” with them and Moses chasing after a rock demanding his garments back.

Silly and pathetic.

Muhammed frowned when Umar recited some verses of Torah!

I’m sure mohamad frowned!

If Umar would have kept reading the 5 Books of Moses, he would have read the passages where it states about testing a prophet of God to see if he is real and Umar would have realized that he was following a false prophet.

The prophet of islam had to keep everyone in the dark so they can follow him only.

Umar converted to Islam at late age, strange that he didn’t think of that, or maybe the power, money, and women in Islam had more influence over anything else…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.