Music for a video CD?

I’ll try posting here first. I am in the process of collecting pictures of our retiring priest(he will be leaving us in june to return to his religious order to retire) I have his family (he is one of 16 children) sending me pictures of him spanning the time from birth to his ordination and what ever else they deem appropriate. I will be putting these pictures togethar with pics we have of him from the 10 years he has spent at our parish, and putting them into a slideshow cd with music. Here’s my question, What would be some appropriate music to put with the pictures. I’m thinking of something that will help tell a story. Alright all you music buffs, help me out here will ya!!!

We had a video album put together for my in-laws’ 50th anniversary about four years ago. It was divided up into seven sections, each one with a song set to that particular section. For instance, the first one was a compilation of pictures of Mom and Dad together over the 50 years, set to “Keeper of the Stars”. The next section was photos of Dad from the time he was a baby to the present day, set to his “theme song”, Louis Armstrong’s “Sunny Side of the Street”. Then Mom’s pictures, from babyhood to present, set to “Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ra (Irish Lullaby)”. Then their wedding pictures, set to “On This Day, O Beautiful Mother”. Then their “young married” years set to “Rags to Riches”, followed by pictures of their eight children (three photos of each–baby, childhood/teen, adulthood, plus a family photo of the ones who are married) set to “Through the Years”. The last song was “Look at Us” by Vince Gill, and those pictures were of Mom and Dad with their children and grandchildren and as the song ended, “If they wanna see how true love should be, then just look at us”, the last photo was a family group picture.

Sorry if that was long-winded, but you might ask his family if there were any songs that meant a lot to him and his family to include with his pre-ordination photos. Sometimes the pictures will suggest a song.

Hope this was helpful. Enjoy putting it together, we sure did!

thanks you for the suggestions.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.