Music Help

I need some help finding music about/inspired by/sounds like a soundtrack to the Book of Revelation/the Apocalypse.
Any ideas?
It can be classical, modern, with and without lyrics, any genre, anything really.

Thanks,
In Christ through Mary,
Nevermore

Lux Aeterna By Clint Mansell

i know its used, but its never overused.

My first thought was Ride of the Valkeries by Richard Wagner. But I guess it's so overdone now, and used for so many cartoons and satires, that it doesn't have the dramatic appeal that it once had. Sigh.

But I still like it a lot!

I also think that Bach's good ol' Tocatta and Fugue in D minor is very "apocalyptic-sounding!"

Frankly, I think a lot of the music from the Nutcracker Ballet could be used. I'm not talking about the 8 pieces in the Suite, but more of the ballet score. There is a lot of dark music in Nutcracker.

And of course, there's the wonderful Night On Bald Mountain by Mussorgky! Yes, again, it's overdone, but there's a reason why music is overdone--because it's good music and people like hearing it! Boy, that piece of music sure sounds like the Book of Revelation!

The band Saviour Machine composed their “Legend” trilogy as exactly that. They even billed it as the “Unofficial Soundtrack for the End of the World”. Between the four albums (the 4th one still forthcoming), the entirety of the Book of Revelation will have been read in the background of the albums (usually in the interludes between songs).

[LIST]
*]Legend Part I utilizes prophecies from the Old Testament
*]Legend Part II utilizes prophecies from the New Testament
*]Legend Part III:I takes on the Book of Revelation
*]Legend Part III:II will continue with the Book of Revelation…if it ever sees the light of day…I’ve been waiting 10 years so far…
[/LIST]

Saviour Machine is sort of an orchestral/symphonic gothic metal band. I highly recommend these albums. :thumbsup: Even though it isn’t completely finished yet, I am happy simply with what they have put out so far.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.