Music Ministry Religious Order

Hello,
I am discerning a call to the priesthood and religious life and was wondering if there are any religious orders “known” for there work in music ministry.

Peace,
Justin

canons-regular.org/

Not solely a music apostolate, but sacred music is very important to restoring liturgy, and that's what the Canons are all about.

God bless you on your journey of discernment.

Rosa

What a wonderful order! I’m going to explore there web-site when I get time. Thanks for sharing them with us.

The Benedictines are well known for their work in Gregorian chants and choir work. They are my choice when listening to Gregorian chants…

The Benedictines at Solemes basically wrote the book on modern Gregorian Chant. The Benedictines at Clear Creek are also noted for their chant.

The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal are very into music as a way to reach their youth apostolate. They have formed the Catholic Underground band. You’ll be interested to know that several of them write songs (I’ve heard many and they are BEAUTIFUL!) and one, Fr. Louis Leonelli, was a professional saxophone player in night clubs before joining! :slight_smile:

Story about “Singing Friars”

Also, Fr. Stan Fortuna is a rap artist with the CFRs! :slight_smile:

[quote="JMJ_coder, post:4, topic:204111"]
The Benedictines at Solemes basically wrote the book on modern Gregorian Chant. The Benedictines at Clear Creek are also noted for their chant.

[/quote]

[quote="DaughterOfMary6, post:5, topic:204111"]
The Franciscan Friars of the Renewal are very into music as a way to reach their youth apostolate. They have formed the Catholic Underground band. You'll be interested to know that several of them write songs (I've heard many and they are BEAUTIFUL!) and one, Fr. Louis Leonelli, was a professional saxophone player in night clubs before joining! :)

Story about "Singing Friars"

Also, Fr. Stan Fortuna is a rap artist with the CFRs! :)

[/quote]

What a contrast of examples!

Canons Regular of Jesus the Lord www.vladmission.org

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.