MUSIC: The Priests

The Priests: Bless Me! We’re pop stars

The Church of England may be in disarray and the Prime Minister’s sanctimonious “moral compass” has directed him straight to hell, but in the music business, God sells.

We’ve seen charts peppered with Benedictine monks, the Benedictine Nuns of Jamberoo, All Angels, the Choirboys, Libera (more choirboys) and Simon Cowell’s Angelis (choirboys and choirgirls).

Yet none of these has created quite such an instant surge of international attention as Sony BMG’s new signing, a trio of northern Irish clergymen called The Priests. The three fathers are brothers Martin and Eugene O’Hagan (who sing tenor) and their childhood friend David Delargy (bass/baritone), and they’ve been singing together since they were boy trebles at school more than 30 years ago.

Full story: telegraph.co.uk

:dancing:
tee

youtube.com/watch?v=1x2YvQ_usj0
youtube.com/watch?v=6FQ1nQ0FvgQ

I can’t wait til their album comes out!

Ruthie

That’s it!

I’ve seen everything!

Has anyone picked up this cd yet? I’m about half way through it and I love it so far. It’s three Irish Priests who are also classical singers. They have performed at St. Peter’s in Rome before. I give what I’ve heard so far 4 stars, may work it’s way to 5 if the whole thing is this good.

Check out

www.thepriests.com

Thanks for reminding me - I just put it on my Amazon wish list!

Ruthie

It’s out now and I own it…It is wonderful

I just found this on CBS News online this morning, and all I can say is WOW!!! I’m totally buying this; these priests have a gift that goes beyond their calling. They’re fantastic! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Their homepage:
thepriests.com/

Link to the CBS News article:
cbsnews.com/stories/2008/12/07/sunday/main4652638.shtml?tag=lowerContent;homeSectionBlock207

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.