Music ...?

What’s up?

I’m going on a missions trip tomorrow with my Baptist church (pray for us, will you?), and only Christian music is allowed. That’s no biggie, 'cause most of the stuff on my iPod is classified as “Pure Christian Amazingness,” but I also have one section reserved solely for classical chorus and choir pieces (requiem masses, etc.), and I was wondering, for those of you with good musical taste, what’s some stuff you suggest? I have, of course, “Ave Maria,” “Salve Regina,” “O Magnum Mysterium,” “Pie Jesu,” “Requiem Mass: Dies Irae,” “Lacrimosa,” “Ubi Caritas et Amor,” “Miserere mei, Deus,” and “Ave Verum Corpus.”

By the way, I may be going with a lot of Baptist kids (all passionate and on fire for Christ, of course), but I’m not going to forget to make time for the Rosary while I’m there … Pray that I’ll find the time, okay? And certainly also for the kids there we will be ministering to …

Shalom!

Are you catholic or thinking of converting? Or do you just have a deep devotion to praying the Rosary?

Also if you really are interested in the Church it’s possible that you can do good there - just by your Christian/Catholic-ish presence.

And last but not least - they Baptist kids probably won’t know what any of those songs mean unless you choose to tell them (they’re in Latin after all ;))

Catholig

Are you catholic or thinking of converting? Or do you just have a deep devotion to praying the Rosary?

I am an-Catechised Christian, but I hope to be a member of the Church soon … My mom is against the idea and sees driving me to a parish as “inconvenient.” That doesn’t stop my interest nor my devotion. Anyway, last night I simply couldn’t pray the Rosary … I felt really attacked! This is the first time this has happened. Pray that, as Our Lord teaches in his Prayer: “Do not put us to the test, and save us from the Evil One.” I talked to Mary a little, of course asking for greater strength to pray with, but I need prayers in this area still …

Also if you really are interested in the Church it’s possible that you can do good there - just by your Christian/Catholic-ish presence.

The friends I am going with challenge me way more than I challenge them … Their presence is a blessing in and of itself.

And last but not least - they Baptist kids probably won’t know what any of those songs mean unless you choose to tell them (they’re in Latin after all )

They’re not all that slow. Some will get it, others won’t.

See ya! (We’re leaving at 2:00)

I wasn’t meaning to say that they were slow - just that it is in a language that they can’t understand. However the instruments and "beat’ may give it away.

As for your feeling attacked I’ll offer a few Hail Mary-s for you.

Catholig

Thanks. I’ll need it.

Okay, we’re leaving now. Pray for us this week, and especially for the kids there.

Shalom (for a while, too)!

Praying for your safe and enjoyable trip.

Panis Angelicus is another good song to add to the ipod.

May the Good Shepherd always guide your footsteps on your faith journey.

i’m a convert but there are some things i like to talk about to my family that is baptist:

1. Mary
  2. the Pope
  3. the Eucharist
  4. Reconciliation
  5. paganism (when they tell me that the Church and paganism are one in the same… where did they get the idea for a calendar or wedding ring? hmm…)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.