Muslim American: I Am at War With Anyone Who Supports Islamic State

Millions of Muslims around the world are insisting that Islamic State extremists don’t speak for Islam, including American Muslim activist Dr. Zuhdi Jasser, president of the American Islamic Forum for Democracy.

“As an American, I am at war with anyone who swears allegiance to Islamic State. They are at war with us and with our way of life and we must be at war with them until they are permanently destroyed,” said Jasser, author of A Battle for the Soul of Islam: An American Muslim Patriot’s Fight to Save His Faith, to The Christian Post this week.

Read more at christianpost.com/news/muslim-american-i-am-at-war-with-anyone-who-supports-islamic-state-142490/#Igr7k0xwU6WmS898.99

Let’s hope he is speaking truthfully. If so, I am glad he is speaking out!

Dr. Jasser is good on his word. :thumbsup:

I hope you are right and others join him in speaking out!

Amen.

There is actually an excellent letter from imams around the world condemning ISIS and al-Baghdadi:

lettertobaghdadi.com

Why they don’t publish it in the NY Times, etc. is a mystery to me.

What has happened to Baghdadi anyway? Did he pass? Last I heard he had been critically injured. How many signatures are there?

Baghdadi is just fine. He was in the news last night because it’s come to light he raped that aide worker who was killed a couple months ago.

Take a look at the link to see the names. It’s a long list…but there are a lot of Imams. And of course some of them (not on the letter, of course) support ISIS.

In my opinion, that’s one of the chief problems with Islam–there is no central authority, so anyone can gather some followers together and declare they are following “real” Islam. Sort of like David Koresh on a large scale. The difference is that the “Christian” (if I can call them that) cult leaders almost always retreated to isolated compounds. The Muslim cult leaders go out into the wider world and create havoc.

yes I saw the news about the aide worker.
I thoight he was paralyzed now after an airstrike.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.