Muslim leader may be checked by police for alleged gay slur

ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_060111mcbgay.shtml

Sir Iqbal Sacranie, secretary general of the Muslim Council of Britain, is facing an investigation by police under the Public Order Act following a complaint about comments he made on the radio concerning lesbian and gay people, reports the BBC. In an interview on Radio 4’s PM Programme on 3 January 2006, the Muslim leader said that homosexuality was “harmful” and implied that it helped spread disease. He also criticised civil partnerships.

Describing homosexual practice as “not acceptable”, the MCB chief said: “*f you look into the scientific evidence that has been available in terms of the forms of various other illnesses and diseases that are there, surely it points out that where homosexuality is practised there is a greater concern in that area.”…

*[size=2] Dr Sacranie went on to advocate tolerance in society. But he said that the prohibition on homosexual practice was backed by the teachings of Christianity and Judaism as well as Islam.[/size]

Wonder if Catholics are next?

I would like to see the exact words, and well I don´t love nor muslims neither homosexuals. But I love the freedom speech. I don´t know what to think.

Matt25, 4 of the 5 links that you provided in your original post were not available to me. Apparently TheHighStreetWeb.com site is only available to those in the UK.

The case has precedent. Back in 2003 a bishop who told a local newspaper that homosexuals should seek a psychiatric cure was investigated by police over whether his views might incite people to turn on gay people. No charges were forthcoming. SOURCE

It would seem that he is not the only one that was/is investigated and nothing came of it*.*
*Asked if homosexuality was harmful to society, **he ( ***Sir Iqbal Sacranie) said: “It is not acceptable. Each of our faiths tells us that it is harmful and, I think, if you look into the scientific evidence that has been available in terms of the various forms of other illnesses and diseases that are there, surely it points out that where homosexuality is practised there is a greater concern in that area.” SOURCE

Sir Iqbal Sacranie told BBC Radio 4’s “PM” program that homosexuality is “not acceptable” and that the United Kingdom’s new civil partnership laws will be detrimental to society, according to media reports SOURCE

"PLEASE NOTE: The highstreet web search services are only available to visitors from within the UK.

If you believe that you have been unfairly prevented from using our service, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused, and let us know by clicking FEEDBACK on the left hand side of this page. This will send us an email with your IP Address attached, and we will investigate further."

Their “sincere apologies” notwithstanding, I can’t understand why a web site would restrict access to its site to only those living in a particular country. What, if anything, do they have to hide?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.