Muslim Men Spying in Catholic Churches

News article from Malaysia Today

Thursday, 09 July 2009 13:33

**We are deeply concerned that two Muslim men acting on false information that the Catholic Church was converting Muslims into Christians had recently entered a Catholic Church service for the purpose of gathering information as to whether this was occurring. **

They were also investigating whether the word ‘Allah’ was being used in church services.

These men participated in the church service and even took part in the rituals that are strictly for Catholics and in doing so violated the sanctity of what Catholics hold very sacred.

As such we are outraged that these Muslim men consumed it only to spit it out later, have it photographed and have its image published in the Al-Islam magazine.

mt.m2day.org/2008/content/view/24106/84/

I can just see the riots if this was the other way around…

How true!

So I take it that they took the Eucharist?

yes,Christians have never been spying on Mosques

Sounds like it, which only means they drank and ate condemnation on themselves. Only God knows if that is a redundancy. Pray for them.

Jon

Would that excuse treating our communion hosts with disrespect?

Come and sit and watch our religious services all you want.  We have nothing to hide.

Apparently the article is saying they received the Blessed Sacrament, a sacrilege, and later they desecrated it. Christ being abused again. You are right. If the opposite had even been falsely reported, a Christian supposedly committing sacrilege to Allah, riots would have been widespread and people would have died. Consider the tourist beaten to death recently because he mistakenly drank from the wrong cup at a Muslim food stand.

Unfortunately this sacrilege happens far more frequently than most of us ever hear. Satanists, atheists, disgruntled/immature Catholics, and who knows who else. I once found the Blessed Sacrament stuck to the underside of the pews in church.

It is frightening, especially considering the growing violent anti-Catholicism in this country. I know it makes others angry, as it does me. But I do not see any way to stop it except the weapon of prayer. Christ knew this would happen as he hung on the cross. And final judgment will address it all. But I must be honest, this doesn’t settle my frustration.

The fact that these men took Eucharist and even spit it out later doesn’t really bother me. Of course I don’t support sacrilege… but Jesus can take care of Himself.

Nothing those men did harms Jesus, or the Church, or any of us. God, or Allah, will sort it out later.

Unlike Muslims who riot in the street if the name Muhammad is printed in a political cartoon.:rolleyes: I always feel like they have an inferiority complex. They must think their god and their prophet are REALLY weak if they have to overreact like that.

Let them come. Let them look. Even if they start killing people, in the end they have not harmed ANY of us, nor Jesus! I don’t want to be martyred, but at least I would have died for something that was really worth it!

As for Christians spying on mosques, well, I don’t know about that. But I do know alot of our soldiers, Christian and otherwise, have been killed by snipers in mosques, and by bombs stored in mosques. We SHOULD be spying on mosques, and more often! International rules of war allow the destruction of a place of worship if it is used as an armory or in any way to attack enemy soldiers.

No excuse for that ,but why posting a topic if this is not something only Muslims have done…otherwise, expect me to post “Christian spying in Mosques” or “Christians desecrating Mosques”

Assuming it were true, there would be no excuse for that either.

Jon

This is pure evil.

Like Saint Faustina I also question how come Jesus allows soo much evil on this earth. You know what Jesus said? He said He has an enternal place for punishment.

May God have Mercy.

I’m with you, invite them in and let them see…The Lord in action.

And because He has eternity to punish sinners, He wants to give them mercy so as to save them from Hell :slight_smile:

Lord Jesus Christ, You work in mysterious ways! Give these Muslims Your Spirit and guide them to Yourself. You, O Lord, can do all things, and You, O Lord, thirst for souls; for Your sake and for their salvation, bring them to Yourself, by whatever road You so choose.

This is not a matter of a “bunch of musilms” going into a Church to visit to see to hear, but these muslims went there with a mission and a goal.

From the article:

As such we are outraged that these Muslim men consumed it only to spit it out later, have it photographed and have its image published in the Al-Islam magazine.

Taking communion is NOT a muslim thing - therefore - they could have sat in their pews while the Catholic congregation is taking communion.

Your post sums it up. Jesus can certainly take care of himself. Treating the consecrated host disrespectfully hurts the one who commits the sin, it doesn’t actually harm our Lord.

As far as Western nations keeping an eye on what is being said by Islam preachers in mosques, the reason for that would be to identify which ones are inciting violence. We’ve unfortunately had to do this for national security reasons because a sizable minority of Muslim leaders preach violence against the West as being a good and worthy action.

I think I may be mistaking the meaning of a couple things which have been said (so easy to do in forums) but just in case…I take exception to Catholics who have a ho hum attitude about the Blessed Sacrament. During the liturgy the precious body and blood are treated with utmost respect, for a reason. To not really mind what happens to it after it leaves the priests hands is to encourage non-Catholics to think of it as just a piece of bread. Hope I was misreading.
Peace all.

http://forums.catholic.com/images/icons/icon14.gif I agree, Christianity is for all nations, and those spying surely they wouldn’t find any weak points as you would find in other religions because its truly from YHWH.

the difference here is that if “Christians” and i think you really mean western governments are spying on muslims to look for ties to terrorism because that is were the terrorists do most of their recruiting. these “muslims” were spying to see if there was converting going on.

You certainly were misreading. There is nothing ho-hum about my attitude toward the Eucharist. I do my best to receive it reverently and to live up to what I just consumed. I have been known to report problems to my Liturgical Director when I see them, like when I witnessed a self-intinction taking place. That is not allowed in our diocese.

However, someone who abuses the flesh and blood of Jesus Christ is condemning himself. Nothing he does can harm Christ, or the Church. If these Muslims think they are hurting me, or you, or Jesus Christ with their actions, they are sorely mistaken. And they’ll find that out when they get to wherever they are expecting those 72 virgins to show up… My attitude reflects how much respect and trust I have for our Lord. I’m not gonna go riot in the street over this, because unlike the Muslims who do that over stupid cartoons, I know my God is stronger than that!

i agree…

but they are ignorant… Even Catholics are ignorant of how awesome the Host is…

another thought: If someting gets a person to Mass… it is a good thing…

(unless they start going into jihad mode once they get there… :eek:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.