Muslims? 3:84 AYA states "the book" (bible) was revealed by Allah to prophets

Here is how the Quran tells you to treat “the book”

BUMP

no response?

give them time… maybe they are gathering information…

Your right I’ll be patient!

Originally **Posted by myfavoritmartin **
Friends,
I would love an answer on this, I’ve mentioned before the quran states “the book” IS revealed by God HERE…

We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them (3:84 AYA).

RIGHT?

Well here is what “the book” says about Jesus Christ.
John 8:12 (King James Version)

Hi

I think that I replied you in another thread. You should have at least menitoned about that.

Thanks

Oh paarsurrey,
can you please enlighten us where you posted this? To actually go through everything you have posted on here would take me 3 lifetimes…

The thing is, Islam claims that the text of the Bible as we have it today has been corrupted, and the only trustworthy book is the Koran.

Hi

Here is what I replied:
#32 Yesterday, 7:52 am
paarsurrey
Re: So what colour was Jesus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by myfavoritmartin
Here is how the Quran tells you to treat “the book”

We believe in Allah, and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them (3:84 AYA).

RIGHT?

Hi

No, you got it wrong:

1. Quran does not refer to John 8:12
  2. Quran have mentioned essential life account of the Prophets in its own chapters to which it refers
  3. There are no books of Abraham, Ishmael, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes in the NTBible; hence the verses don’t refer to NTBible.
  4. In the very next verse Quran says that the Religion acceptable to GodAllahYHWH after the advent of Muhammad is only Islam, all other religions have therefore become redundant.
    I quote the verses 3:82-86

[3:82] And remember the time when Allah took a covenant from the people through the Prophets, saying, ‘Whatever I give you of the Book and Wisdom and then there comes to you a Messenger, fulfilling that which is with you, you shall believe in him and help him.’ And He said, ‘Do you agree, and do you accept the responsibility which I lay upon you in this matter?’ They said, ‘We agree.’ He said, ‘Then bear witness and I am with you among the witnesses.’
[3:83] Now whoso turns away after this, then, surely, those are the transgressors.
[3:84] Do they seek a religion other than Allah’s, while to Him submits whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, and to Him shall they all be returned?
[3:85] Say, ‘We believe in Allah and that which has been revealed to us, and that which was revealed to Abraham and Ishmael and Isaac and Jacob and the tribes, and in that which was given to Moses and Jesus and other Prophets from their Lord. We make no distinction between any of them and to Him we submit.’
[3:86] And whoso seeks a religion other than Islam, it shall not be accepted of him, and, in the Hereafter he shall be among the losers.

Thanks

Dear myfavoritmartin,
There is no contradiction between Quran 3:81-83 and John 8:12 and you will find that most Muslims believe in the statement made in John 8:12.

Quran 3:81-83 talks about a covenant that God took with all the prophets, that they believe in every prophet that preceded and succeeds them along with the message they bring. then God takes the same covenant with Muhammad (s) by commanding him to Say that we (i.e. me and the faithful from my nation) believe in Allah and in what has been revealed to us and what was revealed to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and in (the Books) given to Moses, Jesus, and the Prophets, from their Lord: We make no distinction between one and another among them.

That is to say that God’s message from the beginning of time is the same message that was passed down from prophet to prophet. When Jesus (a) says I am the light. It means the guidance to the right path is done through him because he has a covenant with God and his nation can take the same covenant through him and that covenant is to believe in and support in the prophets that preceded him and the one to follow.

The light is a metaphor for the light of faith. Just as we need physical light to see and navigate the physical world, we also need spiritual light in order to navigate the spiritual world. In other words, he is saying I have received special instruction from the almighty Lord and if you follow me then I will guide you towards faith, righteousness, goodness and all that is best in this world.

Follow me doesn’t mean I am God, it means I am of God, and the path I tread is a divine one, we have to believe in this as God commands Muhammad (s) to confirm this covenant along with the faithful of his nation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.