Muslims and Alcohol

Hi,

I have a Muslim co-worker who has helped a great deal on a project. I’d like to buy him a beer, but is this appropriate? Do Muslims drink Alcohol? Can I buy him a 0.5% beer? Is there a Muslim equivalent to “Miller Time”? :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to be offensive.

God bless,
Ut

I have a “son” (he calls me US Mom) who is Syrian and a devout muslim. He says to buy him turkish coffee instead. :wink:

in Christ
Steph

OK. Turkish Coffee. Check :thumbsup:

Thanks you! :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

Yes coffee is a better idea than beer!

Tim Hortons would be good I’d say. If you are female he might not feel comfortable with you asking him out for coffee if you are going to be alone together.

Ask him if he drinks beer.

Well, if you watched the movie “The 13th Warrior” with Antonio Banderas, you would know that Muslims don’t drink the fermentation of grapes, according to the Koran. If it’s made from honey, or barley/hoppes it should be OK. :thumbsup:

Of course, in all seriousness, I’d agree with the comment to just ask. It couldnt’ hurt.

Mead! Of Course. Thanks for the suggestion. I’m sure he’ll find it acceptible.

Cheers!
Ut

Actually the Qur’an forbids all intoxicants. Wine, beer, weed…

Coffee is a much better idea. Coffee or tea.

Thank you for your responses. :slight_smile:

God bless,
Ut

There is alcohol in milk.:frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.