Muslims and Catholics

I was reaing on another post ,which was on the cursades, about the conflict between the two faiths, Catholicism and Islam. I would like to read up on the conflict of the two faiths (not just the crusades) and was hoping someone would know of some acadimicly honest books on the issue?

There is an article on this very topic in this month’s CRISIS Magazine - a Catholic monthly. We (Catholics) usually lose. You may also wish to read history books by Hilaire Beloc (go to TAN Publications on the web) and I think “Triumph: The Power and Glory of the Catholic Church” delves into this topic (available on EWTN book store).

Doesn’t sound terribly impartial though does it?? :whistle:

Might I recommend

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0192854283/qid=1130781698/sr=1-3/ref=sr_1_2_3/026-1843875-8996448

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0863560237/qid=1130781698/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_2_1/026-1843875-8996448

amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0750938390/026-1843875-8996448?%5Fencoding=UTF8

Hilaire Belloc has written many books both on the topic of Islam and on the Crusades.

He was a Member of Parliament around the turn of last century. Always Catholic, but an outstanding debater, and always fair and impartial in his expositions.

The proof of the quality of his analysis is that much of what he said 100 years ago is coming true today. In particular, he made the counter-intuitive (at that time) prediction that Communism and Fundamentalism were less of a threat to Catholicism than Islam.

The best history of the Crusades is Steven Runciman “History of the Crusades” in three volumes. It is also useful to read Amin Maalouf “The Crusades Through Arab Eyes”, not unbiased, but it is useful to give the Muslim view.

rossum

As near as I can tell (although I am no expert), it sure looks to me like no one has really successfully stood against Islam and no one has converted any substantial numbers of Muslims - ever.

[quote=maesoph]As near as I can tell (although I am no expert), it sure looks to me like no one has really successfully stood against Islam and no one has converted any substantial numbers of Muslims - ever.
[/quote]

We need to find a way to change that.

Everything you need to know:

catholiceducation.org/links/search.cgi?query=crusades

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.