Muslims and Christ Divinity

I was wondering what are some good examples of showing Christ divinity to Muslims. I am in a group on Facebook in which we talk about the views of our religion and try to prove which one is the truth. I have already talked about how Christ forgave sins and how Jesus said he existed before Abraham. :thumbsup:

The fact that both Jesus birth and His death where foretold, something that an honest Muslim will acknowledge that Muhammad did not have.

The “Last Gospel” (John 1:1-14) shed’s some light on it.

P: In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by Him, and without Him was made nothing that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men: and the light shineth in darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it. There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. This man came for a witness to give testimony of the light, that all men might believe through him. He was not the light, but was to give testimony of the light. That was the true light which enlighteneth every man that cometh into this world. He was in the world, and the world was made by Him, and the world knew Him not. He came unto His own, and His own received Him not. But as many as received Him, to them He gave great power to become the sons of God: to them that believe in His name: who are born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, and we saw His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.

As well, John 14:1-6 has a strong influence with Jesus stating He will go to prepare a place for us and that He is the only way to the Father. As C.S. Lewis said, Christ was either a Liar, Lunatic or the Lord. He left no other options including “good man, prophet or wise teacher”.

PAX

Since Islam does acknowledge the Virgin Birth via Mary, I would focus on that and what that implies. Islam denies that Jesus died on the cross and claim that it was an someone else because Allah wouldn’t have allowed his prophet Jesus to die a shameful death. Since the Koran does teach that Jesus was born from a virgin birth ask what do they think that would make Jesus? I think that is the angle you should take. Wouldn’t the virgin birth of Jesus make him greater than Mohammed since Mohammed wasn’t born via a virgin birth. Why would they consider Mohammed the final last prophet when Jesus was born of a virgin? Ask why they think that there would have to be another prophet after Jesus?

It does not matter what you tell them they will never believe that Jesus is God.

They believe that Quran is the word of God, and it is not created. That left with 2 eternal beings (a) God himself and (b) a book or collection of written word (which later was given to Muhammad) which has no beginning nor end. They fall short in elaborating that, and left me think that in the mind of the muslim, God is a supernatural being carrying a collection of written words.

I think there are some kinks in that armor though. From reading testimonies of Muslims that have converted to Christianity, one of the big things was to focus on Mohammed and his life. Does his life and actions match up to what one would expect out of a prophet of God? If one can build on the virgin birth link with them and ask what do they think that implies and what do they think Jesus was like as compared to Mohammed who wasn’t a virgin birth, there is an opening to plant seeds of faith and seeds of doubt about Mohammed as Allah’s last and final prophet.

Muslim / Islam claim ~

• Mohammad is claimed to be the seal of prophets and no other prophet will be sent by Allah.

• Jesus is just a prophet of Allah.

If Mohammad is the “seal of all prophets” - why then is Jesus going to return at the end of times to do some stuff and to also destroy Christianity, break the cross and make Islam the **global **religion.

Doesn’t this action **negate **the claim of Mohammad being the seal of the prophets since Jesus will return as a prophet.

Adam was created without parents, so?

What about the OT Prophets and the massacres they committed?

Shias believe the Qur’an was created.

Give me logical arguments that support the Trinity.

The trinity is founded upon the scripture, not upon pure logic though the concept is not illogical.

To the topic of thread my single proof for the deity of Christ is the entire book of hebrews.

About the only logical argument that I or any other human being could give in supporting the Trinity is that God is, to put it mildly, way beyond human logic, I have said before that to try to prove or explain the Trinity is an exercise in futility.

I have met Who is referred to as God the Father and I have met Who is referred to as the Holy Spirit Who revealed to me that the Catholic Eucharist is Jesus.

One could say that I have met the Trinity, I sure can’t give anyone any kind of logical argument or arguments that support the Trinity, it’s just the way it is.

God Is God and we are not, sometimes we just have to realize that some things are beyond our mental capabilities, at least I accept that they are beyond mine.

The fact that God is a Being of Love as opposed to Love being an attribute of God is also beyond human logic and human reason and human conception, only God can reveal this fact to anyone, no one can know it or prove it on their own.

Bump~

God is Love.

I take it a step further. You know that story in the Torah and the Qur’an where God is speaking through a bush? Haha… yeah right, God can’t come to Earth in a bush and speak through it.

God is in Heaven, if He’s in a bush too that’s two Gods.

mohammed wasn’t created and Jesus was born of a virgin which even the Koran teaches. I am not sure what the point is here. Adam was created by God out of dust but he and Eve sinned.

What OT massacres are you referring too and what prophets committed them? Yes there was a military conquest of the land of Israel which was in essence a final judgement on some pretty evil societies. but Islam does command the murder of those that don’t convert or agree with it as well as murder of those that leave it. There is not OT command of such things.

I see. As far as I know, the sunni believe that Quran is not created. I am not going to take this further, since this thread is not about Sunni and Shia.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.