"Muslims are not like christians who accept insult to their religion"

The below was posted on a thread… it justifies physical attacks against people who disagree with Islam. I think its a good topic for discussion…

There are many different ways for one to respond to a religious insult:

• violence
  • discussion
  • praying

You can use either one of them or all. Which one do you prefer?

• why violence should be the first thing to react to an insult?

I don’t think that violence is EVER acceptable response to insult.

Apprently some people believe it is.

what about qouting from the OT ,its not just muslims who dont accept insult to their religion but also jews do :thumbsup:

So tell me, ahmadhassan, should we then attack a mosque and it’s Imam because you are here insulting our religion, Jesus and God?

I don’t accept insults to my religion. Do you really think this was an appropriate response?

Do you think that the riots agaisnt this Church helped Islam?

Do you think that the riots against this Church helped Islam?
Do you think that the cartoon riots make people respect Islam, Muslims or Muhammad?

No, these actions turned MILLIONS of people against Islam. Most people world wide believe it these things show that Islam is violence… and the reaction and support they get from Muslims like you, who claim that Islam is peaceful shows that there are few peaceful or moderate Muslims.

Christianity is the largest and fast growing religion in the world. Catholicism is the largest and fast growing of all religions. We have learned that Jesus was right… violence is not the way to spread the word nor to protect the faith. God will protect the faith.

Appropriate for Father’s Day… our pastor mentioned in passing, a few comments on Christianity … and on Islam.

He said it is somewhat “admirable” that those who are in Islam pray so often and in groups. They at least believe in something and act out their beliefs.
Catholics should spend more time in visible acclaimation of their beliefs… even if only a pronounced Sign of the Cross and blessing in a restaurant.

Secondly he noted that the God for Whom all worship is reserved… the Triune God of Catholicism and other forms of Chrisitianity… is full of love, and we call Him God the Father out of that same love, returned to Him. Islam, on the other hand, worships thier god, Allah, out of fear. They are slaves to God the master. We are sons and daughters to God the Father.

Happy Father’s Day to all fathers… especially our God the Father.

they didnt ,they respect christ as a prophet of God (the bible say so) and they worship God of christ ,that God that christ called saying eli eli lima shabaktani:)

even if it dont help islam ,we dont accept insult to islam :slight_smile:

What are your and your religion’s reaction when you don’t accept insults?

here is what my religion say and what i would do (if i can)
islamqa.com/index.php?ref=22809&ln=eng

do islam promote killing of innocent?
do islam promote killing of innocent?

There you have it folks he would become violent.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sometimes chose to forgive those who had insulted him, and sometimes he ordered that they should be executed, if that served a greater purpose. But now his forgiveness is impossible because he is dead, so the execution of the one who insults him remains the right of Allaah, His Messenger and the believers, and the one who deserves to be executed cannot be let off, so the punishment must be carried out.

Ahmadhassan, I wish to ask you a question.

In Islam, who among you has the authority to determine whether someone has or has not insulted Islam, or insulted Mohammed?
Suppose one man says of another “That man insulted Islam”.
But the other man says, "No. I did not insult Islam. The first man is mistaken, or he lies."
Does the first man have the right to attack the second? Or must he refer the accusation to some authority? And if so, what authority?
Does a man accused of insulting Islam have the right to a hearing, a chance to prove his innocence?

Jesus’ Own Claim to be the Son of God

In John 10:36, Jesus said, “Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?”

Obviously, Jesus was being accused of blasphemy for claiming to be God’s Son. Where did He say it? In the previous chapter, John 9:35-38, where Jesus had just healed the man born blind, and the Pharisees cast the healed man out of the synagogue.

Jesus heard that they had cast him out; and when he had found him, he said unto him, Dost thou believe on the Son of God? He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him? And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee. And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshiped him."

“Only God can receive worship, right?” When he says yes, reply “Then Jesus clearly claimed to be God. Only as God could Jesus, who cannot lie, receive worship.”

“He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for HE SAID, I am the Son of God.” -Matthew 27:43

“For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).

Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.

. . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).

But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).

Jesus had to shed His blood and die. “For the life of the flesh is in the blood” (Lev. 17:11). “ . . . without shedding of blood is no remission [pardon]” (Hebrews 9:22).

God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

Although we cannot understand how, God said my sins and your sins were laid upon Jesus and He died in our place. He became our substitute. It is true. God cannot lie.

My friend, “God . . . commandeth all men everywhere to repent” (Acts 17:30). This repentance is a change of mind that agrees with God that one is a sinner, and also agrees with what Jesus did for us on the Cross.

In Acts 16:30-31, the Philippian jailer asked Paul and Silas: “ . . . ‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ And they said, ‘Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved . . . .’ ”

Simply believe on Him as the one who bore your sin, died in your place, was buried, and whom God resurrected. His resurrection powerfully assures that the believer can claim everlasting life when Jesus is received as Savior.

“But as many as received Him, to them gave He power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on His name” (John 1:12).

“For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” (Romans 10:13).

Whosoever includes you. Shall be saved means not maybe, nor can, but shall be saved.

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

OK so you think that people who insult Muhammad should be executed.

Many here, like me, has said things about Muhammad that you believe are instults right? Do you think that I should be killed because of this?

Some snippets from that, and not taken out of context.
I’m quoting:

“This hadeeth clearly indicates that **it was permissible to kill that woman **because she used to insult the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).”

“Insulting the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is one of the worst of forbidden actions, and it constitutes kufr and apostasy from Islam, according to scholarly consensus, whether done seriously or in jest. **The one who does that is to be executed even if he repents **and whether he is a Muslim or a kaafir.”

Disturbing to say the least.

Why do you think that the Shia don’t believe this. It is a basic tenent of Islam. Shia have the same law.

did you ? if you did insult to prophet ,then you must ,but do you know what is insult?

My question is this why do they initially deny this when confronted with this question? As the thread goes on then the truth really comes out. Does it usually take them this long?
I am just curious. :confused:
Or else they just dont answer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.