Muslims Continue Pushing Christians Out of Bethlehem

Christians are being massacred in the Middle East … Christians are being persecuted, raped, robbed, imprisoned, tortured, kidnapped, and driven out of their homes … not acts of random violence, but acts of targeted violence against the oldest Christian communities in the world … millions are having to flee … you might be thinking, well I’m sure if it was that bad it would be all over the news … really? you think so?? … there are some news reports out there but they are coming from small independent Christian or Israeli firms … for those who are interested I’ve collected the following links to videos and articles … I hope you will be inspired to at least offer a prayer, or donate thru cnewa.org, or look into ways to sponsor families that are hoping to emigrate … I don’t know why we aren’t doing more as a Church, as Christian communities … it is the least I can do to try to get the word out …

Saudi Muslim leader says all churches in Arabia should be destroyed - youtube.com/watch?v=SmCTsfHipKw

"Israel: Christians Trying to Escape Persecution in Middle East Find Refuge in Israel " youtube.com/watch?v=SmCTsfHipKw -

“A Global Genocide against Christians Underway?” youtube.com/watch?feature…&v=QQ13k1uxUec

Brigitte Gabriel, a Catholic (Maronite) Lebanese woman who survived the massacre of Christians in Lebanon, everyone should read her book “Because They Hate” - youtube.com/watch?v=IOvMOFHzk1o

Recent attacks against Christians in Egypt and Iraq have drawn attention to the Middle East’s Christian populations, which are dwindling as Christians flee violence, political strife, and persecution. Christians made up more than 20 percent of the region’s population in the early 20th century, but today, they make up less than 10 percent. Here is a look at the status of Christians in seven key countries, from Egypt to Iran. [Christian Science Monitor, 2011] - csmonitor.com/World/Middle-East/2011/0103/Who-are-Egypt-s-Copts-and-the-Middle-East-s-other-Christian-populations/Lebanon

Muslims Continue Pushing Christians Out of Bethlehem - israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/127592#.T5uJ8HmiYpB

Boycott anti-Christian Arab oil - tinyurl.com/753ogb4

It is a strange but ironic truth that most persecuted Christians in the middle east find a welcome refuge in Syria! The massively persecuted Chaldean Catholics are fast becoming a footnote of history. Another irony is that Christians and other non Muslims under the rule of Saddam Hussain were free to practice their beliefs unmolested! We should prepare ourselves for more persecution and pray for the victims and the persecutors.
“All these things must come to pass”
Your Brother Richard :shamrock2:

My thoughts and prayers go to persecuted Christians everywhere. :gopray:

Has anyone read Brigitte Gabriel’s book? How is it?

Can someone tell me why, when Christians are being murdered, looted, raped and persecuted by Muslims in Bethlehem, Catholic leaders like Vincent Nichols are publicly blaming Israel? And why Nichols even compares these yet another blood libel against the Jews? Isn’t this getting to be a bit of a habit? Why are Christians silent about this? And why is Nichols doing this? He cannot be so ignorant of the facts? The Christian presence in Palestinian dominated areas has gone from 15% of the population in 1950 to just 2% today because of Muslim persecution. Why did Nichols castigate Israel in his Christmas sermon re. the barrier in Bethlehem, when Christians begged to be included on the Israeli side of the wall and when the barrier involved no taking of land from Muslims? Recently Archbishop Vincent Nichols, urged William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, to address the “tragic situation” faced by Palestinians - not because Islamist threats, but because Arabs were “displaced” by the Israeli barrier in Beit Jala, despite the fact that in constructing the security barrier no land has been annexed by Israel, no houses have been demolished, and no-one has been required to leave their home. Is he ignorant (unforgiveable, because his ears are wide open to the Palestinian argument) or is he lying and stoking up another persecution of the Jews? Why are Catholics silent on this? Why silent on the claim by their pope that Jews have no right to the land of Israel - even denying Scripture and Abraham’s purchase of land, the oldest recorded purchase in history and thus denying the historicity of Scripture - when at the same time Chritian bishops are trying to claim their own right to Christian churches in Israel and in Jerusalem, land which they stole from the Jews and have still never paid for, and which has never belonged to them? Why are Catholics silent on this?

You expect G-d to solve the problem for you so you don’t have to do anything?

Actually most persecuted Christians find refuge in Israel.

And even worse, the Pope is calling for Jerusalem to be taken from the Jews and made into an international city so that all people of faith can worship there. Yet the only people who have allowed all people of faith freedom to worship in Jerusalem are the Jews. They even handed, voluntarily, control of their revered and sacred Temple Mount to the Muslims in the hope it would encourage peace, so that now a Jew cannot pray on the Temple Mount without being arrested and molested. Who has permitted freedom in Jerusalem for all faiths? Only the Jews. Certainly not the CC, which barred Jews from Jerusalem for hundreds of years, and would like to do the same again and which is still stealing their land. And Christians are silent, like dumb sheep.

Thanks to everyone who has read and posted a comment. As most can tell something is very very wrong both in our country and in the mainstream Church … Apparently trying to bring attention to the awful persecution of Christians in the Middle East is not acceptable to the administrators of this web site. The original title of this thread was “Christians are being massacred … anyone care?”. Our secular news media doesn’t care. Our state department doesn’t care. I thought certainly a Catholic web site would care. This is a warning … the people who are running this site are not what they claim to be … they have a hidden agenda … just as our news media wants to downplay the situation so does most of the mainstream Church … why? We are being manipulated in ways that we don’t even understand … no doubt this post will get pulled or edited within a few hours or less. So if you are reading this be my witness … check back tomorrow and see if it is still here.

In the mean time, The New American magazine (libertarian political slant and difficult to find) has a cover story out on newsstands right now: “Christian Massacres : a result of U.S. foreign policy” - it’s also online - you may not agree with the political slant but it addresses events in the Middle East that most aren’t even talking about - libertynewsonline.com/article_323_31782.php

Just read her book “Because They Hate” and make up your own mind. It’s also available as an audiobook. There are also videos of her talks on youtube.com, - And yes, do pray, and yes, do act.

The oldest Jihadist organization, The Muslim Brotherhood, was founded in 1928, decades before Israel even existed. Why are Jews and Israel blamed for the Palestinian problem which was really the result of Palestinians getting kicked out of Jordan for trying to overthrow the king? It’s called bait and switch. Muslim leaders have created a propaganda machine to convince the world that Jews and Israel are the problem - the more people they can convince the easier it will be for them to accomplish their stated goal - kill all the Jews and claim Jerusalem for the new caliphate. This is what I’ve learned from Brigitte Gabriel and others who are trying to wake up the world. Problem is, many more who should be speaking up are not speaking up because they know that the minute you criticize Islam and the Jihadists you will get death threats, you will be discredited in the press, or Churches will get blown up, or your kids will get kidnapped, or worse. When you consider the tremendous risk people like Brigitte Gabriel and Ayaan Hirsi Ali are taking how can you not believe them? Terror works, that is why the Muslims do it, it keeps people in fear and in silence, but luckily there are a few who are willing to stand up. Let’s hope there will soon be more.

You’re not Catholic or even Christian, are you?

Muslims don’t believe in Jesus…to them he was just a “prophet” so why would Bethlehem be sacred to them anyway? Bethlehem is sacred to Christians for obvious reasons…and to Jews because of King David.

Of course I am sure these who are persecuting…are just the violent MINORITY right?

Praying for the prosecuted Christians everywhere!

It’s not that Islam doesn’t believe in Jesus, but that we believe that Jesus existed only as a man and a messenger chosen by Allah. He was not divine, never claimed to be God, and was only doing as Allah commanded.

Plus, as far as I’m aware, the Qur’an and Sunnah don’t even mention Bethlehem as the place where Jesus was born. The Qur’an mentions how Maryam gave birth to 'Isa (Jesus) under a palm tree near a stream, but the actual Qur’anic text doesn’t mention any location for this event.

I’ll have to check this…

The only Pope that I know of who has done that was Pope Pius XII back in 1948. That was done in response to the aerial bombardments of the Holy Sites. He said:

1. We are full of faith that these prayers and these hopes, an indication of the value that the Holy Places have for so great a part of the human family, will strengthen the conviction in the high quarters in which the problems of peace are discussed that it would be opportune to give Jerusalem and its outskirts, where are found so many and such precious memories of the life and death of the Savior, an international character which, in the present circumstances, seems to offer a better guarantee for the protection of the sanctuaries. It would also be necessary to assure, with international guarantees, both free access to Holy Places scattered throughout Palestine, and the freedom of worship and the respect of customs and religious traditions.

2. And God grant that the day may soon dawn when Christians may resume their pilgrimages to the Holy Places, there to see more clearly revealed, as they contemplate the evidence of the love of Jesus Christ, Who gave His life for His brethren, how men and nations may live harmoniously together, at peace with their world and themselves.

And that was a re-iteration of the Treaty of Sevres in 1920, which said in Article 95:

The High Contracting Parties agree to entrust, by application of the provisions of Article 22, the administration of Palestine, within such boundaries as may be determined by the Principal Allied Powers, to a Mandatory to be selected by the said Powers. The Mandatory will be responsible for putting into effect the declaration originally made on November 2, 1917, by the British Government, and adopted by the other Allied Powers, in favour of the establishment in Palestine of a national home for the Jewish people, it being clearly understood that nothing shall be done which may prejudice the civil and religious rights of existing non-Jewish communities in Palestine, or the rights and political status enjoyed by Jews in any other country.

Do you have a more modern example of a Pope doing so? (Please don’t quote from some anti-Catholic site…but try to find an actual quote…thanks)

I’m saddened and sick at how Catholics are being persecuted throughout the world. Sadly, the leaders of the Church seem silent and rather timid when it comes to defending them for fear of offending other religions.

Please God help your people here on earth. Hear their cries!

Not that I agree with what the muslims are doing but heck the Church did the same thing to pagans, Jews etc
what goes around, comes around!

Muslims claim anything that they think will strengthen their cause.
theyre not above stealing other peoples places and cities of worship…afterall Mecca was sacred to the Pagan and the Kaaba was really just a pagan temple.

they’re not above perverting Buddhist Scriptures, Zoroastrian Gathas, The Christian writing etc in order to try and make Muhammad fit the prophecies of thse faiths. why would is surprise you that they would try and steal Bethlehem away.
they are spiritual thieves…nothing more, nothing less

I hear your resentment, but I hope to shed some light on things here. Christianity also modified plenty of pagan holidays (Easter, Christmas) and our faith has incorporated plenty of local customs and so forth. This is not a bad thing, it is a reconciling of cultures and religions. Please forgive these acts.

Not to throw water on this whole thread, because I am certain that there is Muslim-on-Christian violence in the Holy Land, and vice versa, given the poverty and prison-like atmosphere of Bethlehem. Here are the words from a Palestinian Christian who lives near me, published in a local newpaper:

It is not that Israel really cares who is forced out first, but that Israel diabolically has calculated that getting rid of the Christians first eliminates a group that may have some sympathy emanating towards it from the Christians in Western countries.

When Israel accomplishes this objective, it will freely and more intently try to drive Muslims out of the land. Bob Simon of “60 Minutes” showed lots of courage to confront Israel’s ambassador to the U.S., who knows the truth well but attempts to embellish or even negate such obvious truth.

I as a Palestinian Christian am one of many who left the Holy Land because of Israel’s brutal occupation know the truth.

Tony Salameh

Be sure to visit this report from “60 minutes” on the topic:

cbsnews.com/8301-18560_16…in;cbsCarousel

And if you are so inclined, you can thank them for doing the segment here:

thankyou60minutes.org/

The presence of Christians in the Holy Land has been an issue held dear to our Holy Father and every previous pope. Please do not use Israeli and right-wing Christian biased writings to water down and justify the oppression caused by the occupation.

I will grant you that Israel is not “diabolical”, they are doing what they can to secure their country. But we must all stop pointing fingers and forgive, and reconcile. We must make forgiveness the center of the discussion.

I’m not sure how you reconcile,

“sure there is Muslim oppression of Christians in Bethelehem (and nearly every other corner of the globe, I might add), but here is why it’s all Isreal’s fault, not that at I want point fingers, or anything”.

:shrug:

I think that if you are sincerely concerned about the Christians in the Middle East you would want to take a closer look at the origin, force and power of the problem.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSFDEq0UNM-80EDh-7SYdun8pUhJ3KWrG1pLGhVVPsOeRwtc9ecRQ

There is a priest that often comes on EWTN who goes around carrying a big crucifix where ever he goes. :slight_smile: I forget his name now. In much the same way, I like to put on the table a map of the land is claimed by Israel and it’s supporters. This way we are clear about what is on the table and understand any turmoil in reference to that ultimate objective.

These two things link to the same video of Pat Robertson. As far as I am concerned, Pat Robertson is a religious fanatic that does not under Sacred Scripture. His own theology is a big contradiction, for how can he harmonize Our Lord Jesus Christ and His teachings with his evangelical worshiping of the Jewish people and the massacres and genocide of the Arabian people? How can Pat Robertson justify promoting hatred towards the Muslim religion and call this Christian? How can Pat Roberson promote the dehumanization of the Mulsims/Arabs/Palestinians and think that God is behind it all? Pat Robertson and John Hagee are religious fanatics who wear ties and who do not understand Sacred Scripture. How can these ‘gentlemen’ promote in the name of ‘Christianity’ the death of millions of human beings (Iraq sanction then carpet bombing) , displacements of millions of Palestinians, attacks on Lebanon, etc., etc., etc. and to their hope Syria and Iran to make way for Israel and claims that this is Christian? Our Lord Jesus gave us a new commandment:

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Neither Pat Robertson nor John Hagee understand understand Sacred Scripture and as Rabbi Krischenbaum says about the Zionist Rabbis “Those Rabbis are misinformed or are deliberately distorting the Torah”. The so-called Christians who believe that Our Lord Jesus is backing the destruction of the land and homes and way of life of the Arabian people are misinformed. youtube.com/watch?v=Z1wQaBW9Q_c The Rabbi on the link I provided says that Judaism is a religion of Peace.

Israel welcomes these fanatics until they serve their purpose.

Israel is also buying time for the desire for statehood for the Palestinians to subside. This can be logically understood, but some Israeli officials have come right out and admit that they are playing the time game. This I saw on the Jewish channel, the one that comes on on Sunday on the EWTN channel. There is a political program and the interviewer often has people from Israel. The Israeli admitted that they were trying to postpone a two-state solution to the point where Palestinians would no longer identify themselves with the land. They want to let some generations go by to the point where people will not remember that ‘that tree’ was planted by their grandfather… Israel is playing a time game, not only with the Palestinians but also with the Evangelical Christians and all the Christians for that matter.

The Christians lived just fine for thousands of years in the Middle East, the root of the problem is Zionism. Christians and Muslim should not let foreign interests put us up against each other.

Peace,

Abba

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.