Muslims, is the trinity Father, Son and Holy Spirit or Father, Son and Mary?

As many of us know, the quran states its Father Son and Mary, but us Christians know its Father Son and Holy Spirit.
I would like to understand why the quran has made this error?
Thanks

Can you please help us with a verse from the quran that you are referring too?

"**And behold! Allah will say:

“O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, ‘Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?” **

He will say: "Glory to Thee! Never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, Thou wouldst indeed have known it.

Thou knowest what is in my heart, though I know not what is in Thine.

For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden." Qur’an 5:116

I believe your mistaken here

I had to ask for help because I do not know the quran

but it says

On The Day Of Resurrection

[5:116] GOD will say, "O Jesus, son of Mary, did you say to the people, `Make me and my mother idols beside GOD?’ " He will say, "Be You glorified. I could not utter what was not right. Had I said it, You already would have known it. You know my thoughts, and I do not know Your thoughts. You know all the secrets.

Muslims do in fact believe that Jesus was a prophet but I always turn to the bible to show them where it makes it clear that Jesus is in fact God - I am quickly called a liar but I confirm with them that they believe in the good book.

It seems to me above that the verse is following Muslim logic that Jesus the son of Mary is looked at through the early christian church as an idol that replaces God and likewise for Mary but as Catholics we know these things are not true…

i am not mistaken,
jakasaki pointed out where it is in the quran

Here is the problem I have with all of this koran thing.

Let’s just take the verse from above where "allah will say… O’Jesus… did you say to the people…

First of all, the koran is supposed to the be the word of god allah. As muslims state allah knows everything an allah sent the koran to mohamad although it came from “an angel”.

**Jesus Christ never spoke those words in the Bible. ** Therefore, the koran is false and allah is false.

Mulsim also believe Jesus did not die on the croiss,that He live until the age of 123 and was married to many wifes.

Actually, I believe that’s supposed to happen in the future, when Jesus comes back at the end of the world. Ahmadiyya Muslims do believe that Jesus was crucified but did not die, was resuscitated in secret, and went to India, where he married, lived out the rest of his life, died, and was buried. However, Ahmadiyyas are considered to be heretics by orthodox Muslims.

Does not follow, as the Qur’an never claims that Jesus said such a thing. In this passage, God asks a rhetorical question in order to allow Jesus to refute the Christian view of him.

Of course, I don’t believe that the Qur’an is a revelation of God, but you’re going to have to try a little harder than that to disprove it.

At least show some respect to the Arabic speaking Christians visitors…who honor the word “Allah” and hold to high degree…and to probably the Muslim ones ,

it’s with capital A by the way

I suggest you say instead “Koran’s teaching is false”

Technically she doesn’t have to if you already believe it’s not real. :smiley:

I understand the koran is false - but your argument above is mistaken - unless I read it wrong - muslims do not believe Mary is within a trinity.

At least show some respect to the Arabic speaking Christians visitors…who honor the word “Allah” and hold to high degree…and to probably the Muslim ones ,

it’s with capital A by the way

I suggest you say instead “Koran’s teaching is false”

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Five* thumbs up for a reasoned response to someone else’s disbelief in your religion. Much nicer than the “nuh-uh” that often seems to pass for positive contribution in these discussions.

Technically she doesn’t have to if you already believe it’s not real.

Well, she wasn’t speaking to me originally, and if she wants to convince anyone who doesn’t already agree with her (who are really the only people worth trying to convince, anyway :p), she’d be better off making a valid argument.

It was supposed to be ten, but you’re limited in the number of images you can use, and I wanted a round number. Consider this a coupon for five more of my thumbs, redeemable in any* future post.

**Offer totally rescinded if you try to have me thumbs-up a grave insult to my mother, or other such shenanigans.

Muslims believe the Trinity is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. And they believe we worship Mary. It’s just the same old attack on Marian veneration. It is ironic, though, that they turned Mohammed’s grave into a house of worship.

Muslims believe the Trinity is Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

No they don’t; if they believed this, they’d be Nicene Christians. One of the main points of Islam is that there is no Trinity.

I meant they understand what Christians mean by the Trinity. Sorry for the confusion.

Assalam,
You are incorrect here. The trinity is the father, the son and the holy spirit and the verse doesn’t say that the trinity will be comprised of the son and father and the mother mary. It said that “did you say to worship your mother and yourself?” And you will notice that some christians did venerate mary (and still do) to such a degree that they worshipped/worship her.

wasalam

The quran does not state any belief of the Christians whatsoever. Ít questions certain acts that are done by certain Christians.

"And behold! Allah will say:

“O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, ‘**Take me and my mother for two gods beside Allah?” **

the translation should be :

O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, ‘Take me and my mother for two gods without Allah?"

وَإِذْ قَالَ اللّهُ يَا عِيسَى ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ أَأَنتَ قُلتَ لِلنَّاسِ اتَّخِذُونِي وَأُمِّيَ إِلَـهَيْنِ مِن دُونِ اللّهِ

the red part is translated to (without)

One commentator said that the reason it’s written “without Allah” من دون instead of “with Allah” مع , is that God does not accept the worship of Him shared with others , thus this worship is in vain , hence the word “without” …meaning , they do not truly worship Him

further, see verse 9:31

اتَّخَذُواْ أَحْبَارَهُمْ وَرُهْبَانَهُمْ أَرْبَابًا مِّن دُونِ اللّهِ وَالْمَسِيحَ ابْنَ مَرْيَمَ وَمَا أُمِرُواْ إِلاَّ لِيَعْبُدُواْ إِلَـهًا وَاحِدًا لاَّ إِلَـهَ إِلاَّ هُوَ سُبْحَانَهُ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ)                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

They took their rabbis and priests as gods without Allah and also Jesus son of Mary and they were only told to worship one god ,no god except Him, glory to him of what they associate.

this verse used “without” من دون as explained by the commentator above

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.