Muslims is this true?

Islam makes it a sin to pluck your eyebrows.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 7, Number 815

Muslims are not allowed to have pictures in their homes.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 7, Number 844

If a Muslim wife refuses to wear the veil, others will regard her as her husband’s slave, not a wife.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 7, Number 22

Unmarried people who have sex are to be whipped 100 lashes and sent into exile for one year.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 3, Number 817

Although Islam teaches getting into heaven is a matter of having your good deeds outweigh your bad deeds, there are certain things that guarantee heaven: memorizing the 99 names of Allah, having 2 of your children die before you in jihad, and killing someone who does not believe in Islam.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 3, Number 894. Bukhari, Vol. 2, Number 341. Bukhari, Vol. 1, Number 35

Allah encourages lying to non-believers to keep the peace or to overpower them.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 3, Number 857

Allah forbids women from wearing wigs or hair extensions.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 7, Number 133

Muslims are not allowed to wear the color yellow.
Q Muslim, Book 24, Number 5173

Yawning is from Satan and to be avoided at all costs.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 8, Number 242

Muhammad taught that all dogs should be killed.
Q Bukhari, Vol. 4, Number 540

Muhammad urged women to breast-feed grown young men so that the men would be considered family and therefore able to be around the unveiled women and would be unable to marry the women.
Q Muslim, Book 8, Number 3426

It is sinful to lie on your back with your feet crossed one on top of the other.
Q Muslim, Book 24, Number 5238….

This is true.

But people of peace usually ignore the violence and hatred in their religion and the terrible verses they pass by, they make up some explanations to keep their book appear as a loving holy book.

This is from Hadith, but you can still find a lot of violent verses in Quran.

" Allah encourages lying to non-believers to keep the peace or to overpower them."
Q Bukhari, Vol. 3, Number 857

This in Islam is called " Taqiyya ".

You should post the actual sayings instead of just the reference and your interpretation.

As bad as Islam is, I’m not going to search each individual claim and give an answer to every one, neither will a Muslim. List the actual sayings and the surrounding sayings, then we can have a discussion.

This is cut and pasted from Yahoo Answers.

You should give attribution.

Volume 7, Book 72, Number 815 :

Narrated by 'Abdullah

Allah has cursed those women who practise tattooing and those who get themselves tattooed, and those who remove their face hairs, and those who create a space between their teeth artificially to look beautiful, and such women as change the features created by Allah. Why then should I not curse those whom the Prophet has cursed? And that is in Allah’s Book. i.e. His Saying: ‘And what the Apostle gives you take it and what he forbids you abstain (from it).’ (59.7)

sahih-bukhari.com/Pages/Bukhari_7_72.php

I will not go through every single quote, as I think it is a waste of time. One should just take a course on Islam if one want to learn about Islam. With that said,

1. In general, the common Muslims is not allowed to take or make rulings directly from the primary sources, Quran and hadiths. It take someone who is qualified to properly understand the primary sources. We are encourage to go to the scholars for legal rulings and to properly study them under a qualified teacher.

2. When I read through the list, there were some things that were correct, many things that were incorrect, but this quote stood out the most. I have been Muslim for many years and have never heard any scholar teach the above.

3. the exact quote is

Sahih Bukhari Book 49. Peacemaking

Narrated By Um Kulthum bint Uqba : That she heard Allah’s Apostle saying,** “He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar.”** (Volume 003, Book 049, Hadith Number 857.)

Comments

When I read the above, the following comes to mind.

In Islam,

1. we are encouraged the conceal the sins of others, in other words gossip or backbiting is forbidden. And it is backbiting when it is true.

2. We are also forbidden to worsen relationship between two people, so sometimes if we know something, like if a sister cheated on her husband, and she has repented. And now she is faithful. But the husband does not know about it. It is forbidden for me to mention it to the husband, so if asked, I am not allowed to tell the husband. it is permitted for me to lie, or come up with a way to say it without revealing her sin.

3. If my wife ask me, does this dress make me look fat, it is ok for me to say No, even if it does.

4. The only time I am allowed to say something, but it must be in a way that doesn’t worsen a relationship between people, are in cases of marriages or business. For example. If a sister ask me if she should marry a particular brother. And I may know something about that brother. I am only permitted to say, I do not advice you to marry the brother, but I am not allowed to embellish it with facts, or a list of his sins. I do not advice you to marry this brother, because he drinks alcohol every weekend, and sleeps with random girls as well.

If someone wants to get into business with someone. I am only permitted to say,** I do not advise one to get into business with so and so.** I am not permitted to embellish it with, well, this guy never fulfill his contracts, he never pays his money, he is always late doing things, he just isn’t trustworthy.

That is what I understand from the hadith.

If you want to understand the detailed explanation of each and every single one, I would encourage you to take a course on Islam. ** Because I will NOT explain every single point.** It is obvious the original author only has the intent to bash Islam.

Peace.

[quote=TheSufi;11473641
] “He who makes peace between the people by inventing good information or saying good things, is not a liar.”
[/quote]

(Volume 003, Book 049, Hadith Number 857.)

Sorry if I ruffle any feathers, but “inventing” information is lying. At least by any definition of the word “lie” that I know of.

It really doesn’t matter if the information is considered “good” or not by the speaker.

If you have genuinely good information you wouldn’t need to invent something to take it’s place.

Believe what you want, what I said was clear.

If I sit here and pick apart your religion, which I can. You guys will be crying context context.

So… Whatever man.

My post had nothing to do with your religion. It was a comment on your definition of the word “lie”. And I stand by it. To “invent information” is lying.

You are just deflecting in order to avoid. And it is doubtful anything you say will make me, or anyone else here, cry. We’ve most likely heard it all before. Christians have been answering its critics for over 2000 years.

I like to say that Islam should be able to stand on its own.

Basically from what I gather from you, “white lies” are okay. If that’s the Muslim belief, who am I to argue? I don’t think it’s morally right, but it is what you believe.

No “white lies” are not ok. It is not what I believe.

The only thing that I mentioned that would be considered a lie is the wife, thing. And I am certain some scholars would be against even that.

The other examples I gave are not lies, in any way form or fashion.

inventing information only means to be creative, not necessarily lie. Figure away to conceal your brother sins, in order to maintain peace.

Okay. The wife part is where I got “white lie” from. I do understand how one may beat around the bush to retain information but it’s still wrong. Again, it’s fine if you believe that’s okay but I think it’s morally low. One must tell the full truth.

Part of the issue is we (as Americans) live in a guilt society, while Middle Eastern Cultures are shame societies.

Moral standards are different because of it.

That is probably why you feel that way.

You just lied to your wife! You deceived her into believing the dress is flattering!

You’ve just participated in lies and deception!

Wouldn’t it be best if you said,… “yes, it does”

We believe that honesty, with a sincere heart on God is always the best decision based on Scripture and not location.

I have read that a Muslim can deny being a Muslim to save his life. Is this true?

The difference, as I see it, is that in these examples you are discussing the relationship between individuals (an man and his wife, business partners, etc) in social situations.

But there is a big difference between that and any discussion of religion with people of other faiths. In this circumstance any religion must stand on the truth - the whole truth. Not invented, embellished, or made to appear to be something it isn’t. People who are asking about others beliefs, if it is Islam or any other religion, need to be told the truth - all of it. To “invent” anything in these discussions is never justified.

In some social situations it might be prudent to lie, but is never really morally right. In matters of salvation it is always wrong and never justified.

If the dress is really unflattering, it would be wrong of you to say that it isn’t, because she might wear it out and be embarrassed. Surely, a husband could think of a kinder way to say it than, “It makes you look fat,” but they shouldn’t say that it looks nice if it really doesn’t.

In general Muslims are taught to be truthful in all situation. In fact it was the truthfulness of the Muslims that cause Indonesia and Malaysia to convert to Islam, literally the largest group of Muslim, their interactions with Muslim traders from Yemen. The Arabs were known as people who kept their word.

With that said, it is only in specific situations that some scholars say it is permitted to say otherwise. Scholars debate about particulars.

I have read that a Muslim can deny being a Muslim to save his life. Is this true?

The scholars differ on this.

Best morally, certainly. Best for the happiness of your home and marriage, maybe not.

Perhaps finding a gentler way to say it would be better than the blunt, unvarnished truth in this circumstance.

As my mom was fond of saying “it’s not what you say, it’s how you say it”.

In discussing religious matters, the truth must always be spoken.

In terms of business,one must always be truthful, just and fair.

In dealing with your partner (wife, mother, father etc) it is always best to remain truthful. (In terms of saying your wife is beautiful when you think she is not… perhaps that is a matter of debate.).

In terms of social interaction perhaps, the best policy is to either say something good or remain silent (This is something Prophet Muhammad taught as well). I don’t think it wise to always speak the truth in social situation. Experience has taught me, sometimes it is better to remain silent. Change the subject. However if revealing the truth will makes things better, it is best to reveal the truth. Sometimes things need to be known. That takes wisdom, knowing when to speak and when to remain silent.

In terms of becoming a pastor, preacher or Imam. Experience has taught me to run from that, as if your very own life depended on it.

And God knows best.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.