Muslims offer Indonesian Christians sanctuary at Christmas

ekklesia.co.uk/content/news_syndication/article_051223islam.shtml

One of Indonesia’s largest Muslim organisations has offered hundreds of its buildings as safe venues for Christmas religious services amid fears of terror attacks, reports The Age in Melbourne, Australia. It also says it will provide security guards at many churches, as previously reported on Ekklesia.

“We invite our Christian brothers and sisters to say prayers on Christmas Eve and to celebrate Christmas in our schools and other buildings,” said Din Syamsuddin, who chairs Muhammadiyah, a conservative Islamic organisation with millions of members.

The Jakarta Post newspaper on Friday said Din made the offer during a gathering on Thursday of religious leaders.

csmonitor.com/2005/1223/p01s03-woap.html

JAKARTA, INDONESIA – As church congregations offer up Christmas prayers here this weekend, thousands of Muslims will help keep the peace, standing guard outside…

Police are hoping “Operation Candle,” which will run from Dec. 24 to Jan. 3, will be a symbol of goodwill between Christianity and Islam, ending a year that has seen many tests of Indonesia’s religious harmony. It’s part of a bid by authorities to move beyond physical security to include an ideological campaign against violent strains of Islam…

Din Syamsuddin, chairman of the 30-million strong Muhammadiyah, the world’s second-largest Muslim organization, says that Operation Candle is a chance to help dispel fears of Islam.On Wednesday, Mr. Syamsuddin invited thousands of Christians affected by forced closure of churches this year to say prayers at the organization’s buildings. Syamsuddin called on communities near the closed churches to allow Christians to pray in their homes. He also called on Muhammadiyah youth groups to help guard churches across Indonesia.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

That’s great! I hope everyone learns from their example.

Who are they guarding the Christians from? Oh, that’s right…MUSLIMS! Instead of allowing the Christians to pray one night a year, how about going after their fellow muslims who are criminals and terrorists.

[quote=Lurch104]Who are they guarding the Christians from? Oh, that’s right…MUSLIMS! Instead of allowing the Christians to pray one night a year, how about going after their fellow muslims who are criminals and terrorists.
[/quote]

The dhimmis have some rights in muslim culture, as long as they accept their second-class status. Dhimmitude is only slightly less offensive than outright terrorism.

a serial killer doesn’t go out hunting one night doesn’t make him a saint.

I can praise those Muslim who offer Christians a place if they don’t hold anti-Christian believes most of the time. Definitely not the whole Muslim population.

The dhirmitude is applauded by christians, very sad

[quote=abcdefg]a serial killer doesn’t go out hunting one night doesn’t make him a saint.

[/quote]

So are you saying that all or most of the worlds billion or so Muslims are serial killers?

Assuming that because some Muslims commit terrorist acts all Muslims are terrorists is just a mirror image of those Muslims who believe that because some Christians butchered Bosnian Muslims, carving crosses on their chests to make the point, all Christians are Crusaders.

Muslim people are beloved by God. Remember Pope Benedicts words in Cologne this year vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/speeches/2005/august/documents/hf_ben-xvi_spe_20050820_meeting-muslims_en.html

I am certain that I echo your own thoughts when I bring up one of our concerns as we notice the spread of terrorism. I know that many of you have firmly rejected, also publicly, in particular any connection between your faith and terrorism and have condemned it. I am grateful to you for this, for it contributes to the climate of trust that we need.

Terrorist activity is continually recurring in various parts of the world, plunging people into grief and despair. Those who instigate and plan these attacks evidently wish to poison our relations and destroy trust, making use of all means, including religion, to oppose every attempt to build a peaceful and serene life together.

Thanks be to God, we agree on the fact that terrorism of any kind is a perverse and cruel choice which shows contempt for the sacred right to life and undermines the very foundations of all civil coexistence.

Jesus said something about crusades in NT, Muhammad said something about jihad in Koran, please don´t lie.

[quote=Franze]Jesus said something about crusades in NT, Muhammad said something about jihad in Koran, please don´t lie.
[/quote]

Does the word Jihad mean the same thing as the word Crusade? In that case Surah 29 would read at 69-

“Those who Crusade hard towards Us, We certainly guide them in Our ways.”

And 16:110

“To those who flee after they are persecuted, then Crusade hard and are patient, surely your Lord after that is protecting, merciful.”

And for Muslims the sayings, Hadith, of the Prophet are like Tradition in the Catholic faith. And therefore he must have meant-

*" ‘…what is the best type of Crusade.’ He answered: ‘Speaking truth before a tyrannical ruler.’ " Riyadh us-Saleheen Volume 1:195

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.