Muslims: Please note the Advocate is the Holy Spirit

I really don’t know why but some Muslims insist that the Advocate or the Comforter is their prophet.

Why is this?:

How many Muslims believe this and if they do, and what makes them so sure?

MJ

:popcorn:

So, Im not imagining it then.:smiley:

MJ

My popcorn is gone. Maybe there will be an answer tomorrow. They might be in a different time zone. :shrug:

Anyone can contribute to the question. It was not just for Muslims to comment. Personally I find it hard to take this debate seriously with Muslims who bring this up and state Biblical NT verses to prove the point…while ignoring the rest of the verse(s). :tsktsk:

Top that off with the recognition that the early Church experienced the influence of the Holy Spirit, while Muslims (followers of Islam) in general may choose to ignore or don’t regard historical Christian eschatology when it’s easily available (even in this day and age) for public consumption and analysis.

MJ

I don’t come across a lot of muslims in my everyday life and I don’t plan on debating any of them if I do.
It is hard to take Islam seriously anymore with what I see daily in the news and the persecution of Christians.

It is the Holy Spirit!

John 14:25-26 I have said these things to you while still with you; but the Paraclete, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and remind you of all I have said to you.

Holy Spirit not Muhammad.

I didn’t know Muslims listened to the New Testament.

If it were Muhammad wouldn’t Jesus say prophet instead of Holy Spirit?

It is advisable not to **debate **with them, you could end up with your head separated.

The reason is that the Qur’an tells Muslims to look in the “Injil” which is The Gospel to find evidence of Muhammad.

16:43-44, Late Meccan.

“And We have not sent before you (Muhammad) other than men to whom we granted revelation. And (all of you) ASK the people of the (Scripture) Message if you don’t know.”

10:94, Late Meccan.

“If you (Muhammad) are in doubt regarding that which We have revealed to thee, ASK those who READ the book from before you…”

7:156-157, Late Meccan.

“And I will write down (my mercy) for those who are righteous and give alms and who believe in our signs; who follow the apostle, the unlettered prophet, whom they find written in the Torah and the Gospel that is with them”

Therefore, Muslims want to find just about anything that confirms Muhammad’s message within the Gospel.

It would turn out however that there’s nothing even close. In all four Gospels it has Jesus’s death, resurrection and ascension. Muslims who look in the Gospel as the Qur’an commands will only find that.

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit in order to push ones beliefs is a dangerous thing, and I highly recommend that Muslims stop.

Matthew 12:31 Therefore I tell you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but the blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.

32 And whoever speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but whoever speaks against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven, either in this age or in the age to come.

So for their own protection I ask them to stop.

15 ¶If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John14:15-26

There have not been any other Spirit of the truth after Jesus except Muhammed.

Holy Spirit cannot be comforter because Holy Spirit is God as you assume(Indeed it is angel Gabriel). Jesus was a human but Holy Spirit is not a human so Holy Spirit cannot preach people as Jesus do but Muhammed did.

After Muhammed there is no prophet so Muhammed will may abide with us for ever.

Jesus said that He would come back and comforter will say that either. Prophet Muhammed inform and remind what Jesus said and that Jesus will come back.

These verses may point any body but Muhammed is the first to accord.

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. John16:7-13

Muhammed guide us into all truth.

Muhammed conveyed what will happen in the future.

Muhammed did not speak of Himself but He speak of whatsoever he hear. That statements explain the way which revelation come to Muhammed.

2-Your companion [Muhammad] has not strayed, nor has he erred,
3-Nor does he speak from [his own] inclination.
4-It is not but a revelation revealed, An-Najm(53):2-4

Muhammed heard revelation from Gabriel and got written through Sahabas.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. John 14:26

What is Paraclete or Comforter? Holy Spirit (Gabriel) taught every thing Muhammed and Muhammed(comforter or Paraclete) taught us.

Jesus did not say that “I will send Him by meyself” But instead Father(God) will send Him. God sends prophets to humanbeing and prophets are humanbeing. But Holy Spirit is not human so an angel or a God do not preach people directly. That work happened through prophets.

Muhammad was with and inside the Apostles?

Muhammad was sent in Jesus’s name?

How does one condemn the bible as corrupt yet refer to it as proof of something?

Makes no sense.

Did he error when he admittedly was led astray/fooled by the devil?

Good point!

Was Muhammad invisible…??

Was Muhammad inside the Apostles…??

:tsktsk:

Tertullian writing in the 2nd Century summed up Muslims the best. (Well before Islam)

"They put forward the Scriptures, and by this insolence of theirs they at once influence some. In the encounter itself, however, they weary the strong, they catch the weak, and dismiss waverers with a doubt. Accordingly, we oppose to them this step above, all others, of not admitting them to any discussion of the Scriptures If in these lie their resources, before they can use them, it ought to be clearly seen to whom belongs the possession of the Scriptures, that none may be admitted to the use thereof who has no title at all to the privilege.

Now this heresy of yours does not receive certain Scriptures; and whichever of them it does receive, it perverts by means of additions and diminutions, for the accomplishment of it own purpose; and such as it does receive, it receives not in their entirety; but even when it does receive any up to a certain point as entire, it nevertheless perverts even these by the contrivance of diverse interpretations. Truth is just as much opposed by an adulteration of its meaning as it is by a corruption of its text. Their vain presumptions must needs refuse to acknowledge the (writings) whereby they are refuted. [3] They rely on those which they have falsely put together, and which they have selected, because of their ambiguity. [4] Though most skilled n the Scriptures, you will make no progress, when everything which you maintain is denied on the other side, and whatever you deny is (by them) maintained. [5] As for yourself, indeed, you will lose nothing but your breath, and gain nothing but vexation from their blasphemy.

Now, what is there in our Scriptures which is contrary to us? What of our own have we introduced, that we should have to take it away again, or else add to it, or alter it, in order to restore to its natural soundness anything which is contrary to it, and contained in the Scriptures? [5] What we are ourselves, that also the Scriptures are (and have been) from the beginning. Of them we have our being, before there was any other way, before they were interpolated by you."

tertullian.org/anf/anf03/anf03-24.htm#P3345_1172616

Islam do not deny Christianity and Bible and far from it Islam approve Bible. Muslims do not say that entire Bible was corrupted. The corruption is partially and especially in some spesific issues. If there were no corruption there would be many obvious verses which point Muhammed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.