Must I go through RCIA?

i was baptized and cofirmed in a methodist church, later in life attended catholic school, got interested n had alot of answered questions. after that i had no need for the methodist church any longer so did not attend. later again more recent i found myself in a christian rehab w a catholic church nearby where i would attend mass. i was told all i needed to do was a confession etc like i did in catholic school, its like i am catholic now almost or what ? i really dont understand, i would like 2 be considered tht, its also a part of my heritage i found out, i hav my great grams rosary beads etc…what would be required of me 2 make it so i was catholic? because i practice and identify with the faith and heritage aside from actually havin a church? i also would like to kno if seminary was possible for someone in my circumstance?..

The following links should help answer your questions about joining the Catholic Church. If you have any further questions, please contact Catholic Answers directly.

Recommended Reading:

Is RCIA necessary to becoming a Catholic?
How to Become a Catholic

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.