Must I not work on the feast of my confirmation Saint?

Ok I may be being a little scrupulous about this. But St. Andrew is my confirmations aint and his feast is tomorrow. I thought I heard someone once say that if a Saint’s feast is important for you it becomes a solemnity for you and ergo you should treat it like a Sunday.

On Sundays I don’t do work in observance of the Lord’s day and to have more time to relax and pray. Am I obligated to do this tomorrow also since St. Andrew’s feast day is special for me? I am a college student and have finals coming up and was planning to use tomorrow for studying(of course I will be celebrating St. Andrew’s feast day as well). But can I in good conscience do work tomorrow?

Thanks

[quote="singer878, post:1, topic:346630"]
Ok I may be being a little scrupulous about this.

[/quote]

A little?

But St. Andrew is my confirmations aint and his feast is tomorrow. I thought I heard someone once say that if a Saint's feast is important for you it becomes a solemnity for you and ergo you should treat it like a Sunday.

[/quote]

You "thought" you "heard" it from "someone"...

No this is not true at all.

But can I in good conscience do work tomorrow?

[/quote]

Yes.

And if you tend towards scrupulous notions and behavior, please see your pastor for spiritual counseling. That is a serious thing that can overtake your life.

Also, it is not considered servile work to study on a Sunday or Holyday of Obligation, so even if that was the case (that you cannot work on a saint’s feastday), that would still be acceptable.

Good luck on finals, I’m also in the same situation!

My name is Andrew. Can I get tomorrow off? Sorry. I had to say it. :D

Ok I may be being a little scrupulous about this. But St. Andrew is my confirmations aint and his feast is tomorrow. I thought I heard someone once say that if a Saint's feast is important for you it becomes a solemnity for you and ergo you should treat it like a Sunday.

On Sundays I don't do work in observance of the Lord's day and to have more time to relax and pray. Am I obligated to do this tomorrow also since St. Andrew's feast day is special for me? I am a college student and have finals coming up and was planning to use tomorrow for studying(of course I will be celebrating St. Andrew's feast day as well). But can I in good conscience do work tomorrow?

Thanks

[/quote]

I think ST. Andrew would be pleased that you even bothered to think of him. Of course you can work. But say a little prayer in honor of your patron.

Linus2nd

Ok I may be being a little scrupulous about this. But St. Andrew is my confirmations aint and his feast is tomorrow. I thought I heard someone once say that if a Saint's feast is important for you it becomes a solemnity for you and ergo you should treat it like a Sunday.

On Sundays I don't do work in observance of the Lord's day and to have more time to relax and pray. Am I obligated to do this tomorrow also since St. Andrew's feast day is special for me? I am a college student and have finals coming up and was planning to use tomorrow for studying(of course I will be celebrating St. Andrew's feast day as well). But can I in good conscience do work tomorrow?

Thanks

[/quote]

Absolute nonsense. I could say more, but if I say anything more, I will probably be thrown off this site for being uncharitable!

Thanks

[/quote]

Someone, probably misinformed, himself, has misinformed you. If you want to take the day off, go ahead, but it's not an obligation.

St. Andrew! Nice!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.