Must you Be Specific for a Sin to be Forgiven?

This is going to be a very stupid question so please forgive my ignorance. Must you be specific for a sin to be forgiven. I’ve alluded to my past of sexual sin before in confession, but have never called it for what it is.

[quote="Nicholas_Rose, post:1, topic:333647"]
This is going to be a very stupid question so please forgive my ignorance. Must you be specific for a sin to be forgiven. I've alluded to my past of sexual sin before in confession, but have never called it for what it is.

[/quote]

Your priest is the best person to answer this question for you.

The Baltimore Catechism:
415. When is our confession entire?
Our confession is entire when we confess at least all our mortal sins, telling their kind, the number of times we have committed each sin, and any circumstances changing their nature.

There are many kinds of sexual sins: masturbation, pre-marital sex, extramarital sex, use of contraceptives, homosexual sex, incest, etc. You don't need to go into the details, however, you need to specify the kind of sexual sin that it is. :)

Thanks.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.