My 2nd oldest kitty

I know she’s just a cat but seems like she’s on her last legs. I’ve put food in front of her but she’s not touching it. She’s thin to begin with, always was. Breathing doesn’t sound right and can’t get her to a vet. She’s 13 yrs old.

Asking for the intercession of St. Francis as well.

Thy will be done Lord.
AMEN

“Blessed are you, Lord God, maker of all living creatures. You called forth fish in the sea, birds in the air and animals on the land. You inspired St. Francis to call all of them his brothers and sisters. We ask you to bless this pet. By the power of your love, enable it to live according to your plan. May we always praise you for all your beauty in creation. Blessed are you, Lord our God, in all your creatures! Amen.”

I’m not sure what your reasons are for not being able to take your cat to the vet, but I hope it’s a sincerely good one. All creatures that we bring into our home (they did not ask to be brought in, but I believe that you and your cat have both benefited greatly from the companionship) become our responsibility. That doesn’t mean spending 1000s of $ at any point in the creature’s life, but it does mean a good faith effort to attempt to provide care at critical times in its life. This seems like it would be one of them.
But taking you at your word, that you are truly not able to take your kitty to a vet, I will keep you and your cats in prayers, and also ask for the special intercession of our Blessed Saint Francis.

Blessings on you all,
Julian

No money, I’ve never known a vet that will take pets on promise to pay. Maybe $2 or $3 left and no transportation other than the bus. Just got approved for welfare temporarily and still job hunting to get back to work full time. On and off job hunt the past 3 years has zapped me of anything that was saved and I’m broke. :frowning:

God knows your situation and your heart. And truly, that you are even caring for your cats (you have more than one, correct?) on your humble means shows your generosity of spirit and dedication to them.
I don’t think any cat is “just a cat”. No life is “just a life”. It is this dangerous line of thinking that gets us into “just a fetus”. There is no need to apologize for feeling the way you do for your feline companion. We have special relationships with them, some closer than others. There is nothing wrong w/ that. To the contrary, I believe those of us who have been blessed with close relationships with animals are, as I said, blessed. It is a special connection that not everyone has.
I pray that if it is your kitty’s time to go, s/he will pass swiftly and without pain. I had to say good-bye to my sweetheart almost exactly 1 year ago. She was 16 years old. It was very difficult; I’d had her more than half of my life. I did what I could in the end, but millions of dollars (which I don’t have) wouldn’t have cured her cancer.

Bless you and your animals. Prayers to God and St Francis are being sent out as I type this.

Blessings,
Julian

Praying for your cat Roza. When my cats are sick i lay my hand on them and pray for them or just keep uttering the name of Jesus. I’ve always seen them get back to normal even if it takes some time. God Bless.

Our pets are certainly a big part of one’s family. Praying for your pet and for you…do your best in giving her comfort and care…this will also bring you comfort in knowing you are making all her days loving…

ROZA,
i have two kitties myself and we struggle terribly financially. so my kiddies don’t see the vet regularly either. I’ll include you and your cat in my prayers. St. Francis, please intercede for Roza and her cat. God love you!

I had 3 cats, now have 2, Gracey passed away last night. I adopted her when she was a year old from a friend that was moving. She was always afraid, skiddish, no matter what I tried to do. But she was a sweet kitty, afraid of her shadow.

I have pics of her from my digital camera, have to find the files. She was a sweet kitty, RIP If there is a ‘rainbow bridge’ out there, then maybe she’s running around outside now and having the time of her life?

God bless

I’m sorry for your loss. Gracey was well loved and that is the important thing.:console:

May God help and comfort you in this and in all your losses and difficulties.

I am sorry for your kitty loss. They are family and you loved her.
May God comfort you in the days to come when you miss her purry little self.

Roza
I’m sorry for the loss of your kitty. I agree our pets are never just animals they are part of our family. Anyway should your other cats ever need veterinary care I would check with your local rescue groups or ASPCA because sometimes they have programs to help low income pet owners or sometimes they can even work out some payment plan so that your h pets can get the care they need.

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/EaglesWings_1984/xmisc/GraceySleep.pngThe friend I normally can get rides with is carless at the moment and I didn’t know about options. sighs It was easiest to get a picture of her if she was sleeping, otherwise she’d jump at any sound. Was hard to get pics of her, I know I have more…RIP
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/EaglesWings_1984/GraceySting.png
One more with her & the youngest.

:frowning:

I still miss my Border Collie/Golden Retriever mix. Brandy died on Independence Day, 1989. I left for a couple of hours and put her outside (she never liked going far from home) and when I got back, the phone began ringing. It was our good friend down the block saying Brandy was at her home on the porch acting odd.

I guess she had a stroke because she could barely walk and it appeared she was paralyzed on her left side. I had to carry her home. I should’ve taken Brandy to the vet, but it was the holiday and I didn’t think I could get the vet to see her. She could wag her tail, and she seemed to not be in pain and I thought she’d survive the night. I went to bed and she died about 6 a.m.

I should’ve taken Brandy to the vet… :frowning:

I actually am a dog person but living alone and normally with a full time job, didn’t seem it would be fair for a dog. But yes, thankful she was a part of the family, prayerfully I did provide her a good home.

Praying very hard for your financial situation to improve greatly!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.